Eco Styler Gel update and Denman D3 semi review

Evolving78

well ladies, i just have to say that i bought and tried Eco Styler (green), and i love it! i love the scent, thickness, and consistency of the product. it helped with stretching out my coils, and smoothed my edges with ease. i brought a big jar and i will be getting two more to stock up on!

i might just wait on the Kinky Curly Custard, but i did try the Knot Today under the gel, and there were no white balls/residue.

Also, i broke down and bought the Denman D3 brush. i used to be so scared of that thing. it looked like a monster to me! i detangled my hair in 7 sections, detangling with a wide tooth comb first, then applying Yes To Cucumbers conditioner and going over the sections, one by one with the Denman. i didn't lose any hair, just the knots i had. i will be using this brush once a week on wash days.

i really liked the Cucumbers conditioner, but i am not feeling the price. i paid $9 for it. i would only use it for detangling and cowashing. i would run through this product too fast. does anyone know of something close to it? i like suave naturals, but i need something a little more thicker.

I like Aussie Moist Conditioner and HE totally twisted. They both have cones in it so I guess it depends how you feel on that but they last forever for me and are incredibly thick. I detangle my hair when I DC with aussie so I don't need much of a detangler after that as I just use a leave in.

The eco styler gel with the olive oil blows KCCC out in my opinion. I get softer hair. KCCC gives me helmet head hair, but awesome curl definition. I add Eco gel sometimes with the KCCC...the curl defining is so awesome.

To me KCCC is over rated and especially for the price... Eco styler is good with an extra added oil in the winter.
But im still scared of the Denman series...

Ooooo! What does the eco styler smell like?

If you're in the US and have a Ross near you, some ladies were saying you could buy that same conditioner for 2-3 bucks. :yep:

Yeah Eco styler is the biz. I used to be seriously anti-gel, even the alcohol free ones, until one day at 7 months post, I broke down and bought it. Man! have I been sleeping on this stuff! Great hold, just a little bit keeps my egdes in place all day. My hair does not get hard at all. Great stuff, I use the krystal clear one.

To me KCCC is over rated and especially for the price... Eco styler is good with an extra added oil in the winter.
But im still scared of the Denman series...

That Denman had me nervous, but detangling with the comb and fingers were not getting and more. i was very gentle using the brush and i took my time. i think working with smaller sections helped too.

Back