Eco-styler Gel for defined curls...Users get in here!

This is my first time.
I haven't even bought it.
What kind should I buy?
I went in the BSS/Sallys and saw about 3 kinds.

I usually use KCCC or Miss Jessies, but I think I wanna try something new (and cheaper).
So, ladies what kind should I try?
*I won't be trying that brown under any circumstances*

How do you apply?

I have the clear eco and the olive oil one (havent used yet). The eco gel works better than kccc in my opinion because it doesnt take as long to dry...I havent used kccc since my hair was less than an inch.

I can only reccomend the clear cuz i havent used the olive oil one yet but i dont think you'll be disappointed no matter which you get.

hth

Girl, I love the olive oil version! I can tell you that it gave me the exact same results of KCCC before my color damage. It's cheaper and it can be used with other products without fear.:yep: I've used the clear version in the past, but IMO, the olive oil version is more moisturizing. Right now, I use the lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol underneath the gel for max curl definition. I just wet shake n go in the morning to refresh my curls. I am also using hawaiin silky 14 under it. My hair is soft, moisturized, and my curls are looking so much better. I really love this gel. :lachen:

I just started using it last week. My 4a curls are super defined. I like it much more than KCCC, I'm still trying to learn what I can/can't use under it for moisture. I use the clear, I have yet to come across the olive oil version.

The clear is great and I hear raves about the olive oil one. I'm trying that one when i'm out of the clear. Ecostyler is definitely a staple for me.

As far as application, just be sure to apply a creamy leave-in under the gel so you won't get hard crunchy hair.

I love the olive oil one
I just wet my hair or cowash
Grab a glob and just rub it through my hair from root to tip
Scrunch it a lil bit

Here are some pics (ignore, again, my need for a paint job in my bathroom lol)
DSCN2349-vi.jpg

DSCN2347-vi.jpg

DSCN2353-vi.jpg

It's great. I don't know why I ever wasted my money on KCCC. Ecostyler does a much better job for me and cheaper.

I totally agree. Thanks to LHCF I switched. KCCC keeps my hair toow et and the shrinkage is bananas. ES has better hold, dries quicker, and my hair stays elongated

Maybe I did something wrong, but I hated it! I bought the ECO styler Olive oil gel and i didn't do anything for my hair but leave it a tangly mess!

I use the brown one over my s-curl moisturizer for definition. The result is the last picture in my siggy to the right

I love the olive oil version of this gel! I just started using it and my curls have never looked better. I use Care Free Curl Gold as my leave-in/moisturizer and then add the gel and my hair looks great! I bought KCCC right after my bc and I'm almost sorry I did. It doesn't work very well with other products.

OP, they sell small jars so if you want to try the different gels it should cost you next to nothing.

I use the Prostyle and Ecostyler black gel. I know that some come with numbers on the side and I need number 10. Anything 7 and under will do nothing for me. I use the olive oil gel if I want to slick back my hair, but I can't use it for wash and go's for some reason. A little goes a long way with the black gel. It gives me the best definition ever.

I love the olive version, it doesnt give me hard hair like other gels i have tried my hair is very shiny and defined

i have a big ole tub i need to get through so i don't feel so bad about buying the olive oil.

if you send me a small jar, i'd be more than happy to share. :yep:

Girl you are so awesome. Thank you! I appreciate you. PM me your info and I'll get it in the mail. Is there anything that you need? Maybe we could hook up a trade.

I've only tried the clear(hold of 10) and love how it gives my curls definition.I always get asked if I have a texturizer and I'm natural.

I also use the Krystal Clear gel. I only use a small amount though. I does give good shine and definition.
I am still an avid fan of KCCC, but have learned that I only have to use a small amount. If you look at my fotki, I was using a lot, the way recommended by the owner and it did look jherri curlish. I have sense corrected my ways. The smell is SO divine.

I use it on dry hair. I apply Long aid curl activator, then eco styler clear. I get great definition, it's soft and doesn't take for ever to dry.

GET THE OLIVE OIL!!!! :drunk:... just make sure ya use a good leave in under it...

someone above me mentioned the holds.... that's a good point when getting this gel. Knowing how much hold you would like.. a strong hold go for the olive oil and the clear.. they have a 10... if you want a less hold..the brown gel is a 7.. and even tho they dont sell this one in stores ( or atleast I haven't seen it)..They do have a blue ecostyler for color treated hair.. which is a hold of 5 it looks like this..

BLUE16oz.jpg

Last edited:
I use it on dry hair. I apply Long aid curl activator, then eco styler clear. I get great definition, it's soft and doesn't take for ever to dry.

I'm going to try this combo--I tried the Eco by itself and it was too hard on my hair. I love Long Aid it's great but gives too soft a hold. I really need to find a way to use this gel because I have 3 big tubs.

Cool thread. Although I have YET to find this Ecostyler gel that you all speak so fondly of. Is this something I can order online? Any Chicago ladies find this in the stores? Thanks for all the pics...now I REALLY want some!

I'm going to try this combo--I tried the Eco by itself and it was too hard on my hair. I love Long Aid it's great but gives too soft a hold. I really need to find a way to use this gel because I have 3 big tubs.

You have 3 tubs of Long Aid? Did you buy them all from my local Walgreens? The last two times I went they had nothing! Join the Jheri Juice challenge! It's crackin up in there.

Cool thread. Although I have YET to find this Ecostyler gel that you all speak so fondly of. Is this something I can order online? Any Chicago ladies find this in the stores? Thanks for all the pics...now I REALLY want some!

you can definitely order online, but shipping costs would outweigh the cost of the gel because it's so cheap!

You don't have Sally's near you at all?

I've used clear, yellow, green, blue, and pink lol. So far I like the clear and green (olive) the best.

Back