*EBONYHAIRS 2 YEAR 5 MONTH UPDATE*

ebonyhair

February 2009- This picture was taken the week that I was introduced to this forum. Prior to LHCF...... I had NO CLUE about healthy hair practices -I abused my hair and I couldn't understand why it remained at shoulder length for years. :perplexed

th_Feb2.jpg
th_Feb-1.jpg

February 2010-This is a picture that was taken after one year of my healthy hair journey.
th_P2020388.jpg
th_P2020381.jpg

VERY SIMPLE REGIMEN
Once a week- DC on dry hair (no heat) with Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol (mixed w/ coconut oil-jamaican black castor oil-evoo-honey-and avocado oil)
-After DCing 3-4 hours I co-wash with V05 Moisture Milk I apply silken child moisturizing cream and airdry in a bun.
-My mom relaxes my hair every 11-12 weeks with Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Relaxer

*I shampoo 1x per month with Hair One or V05 clarifying conditioner
*I seal every night with Cantu Shea Butter which I baggy with when my hair feels extra dry....(baggying w/ cantu and evoo does wonders for my ends!!

After two years and five months I am now bsl thanks to all of the valuable information that I learned from you all. :thankyou:
th_0718163215_01.jpg
th_0718134906.jpg
th_0718163158_01.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

My hair was definitely like that, too - it was mostly the same length for 5+ years, even though I was continuously protective styling, because of my approach towards taking care of my hair.

Thank you SO much for sharing! I think it will take me about the same amount of time to reach BSL and this is so encouraging!

Congratulations! Your hair looks great. I applaud your committment to sticking with your routine until you reached your goal.

Hey! We joined at the same time! :)

Glad to see you had such wonderful progress and I hope to join you in the BSL club soon!

Sent from my Comet

Back