East Coast Ladies!!

Lindy

How is your hair holding up in the heat we've had for the past couple of days??

I wore a twist out yesterday (half up/half down) and didn't feel like re-twisting last night, so I'm wearing it up in a wavy/crimpy high ponytail today.
up.gif
(I will re-twist tonight)

How about y'all??

I'm not doing so well with this heat because my last relaxer didn't take all the way so the middle of my hair is texturized and it gets frizzy with the heat.

i am current sporting a braid out
cool.gif

but I have a wash-n-set appointment for his afternoon.
ohwell.gif

My hair is doing good. I'm wearing 2-strand twists, and they can shrink up as much as they want for all I care. Last night, I rinsed them out in the shower, and they just sprung right back into place.

It's ok for now. I'm paranoid about moisturizing. The heat is blazin today. I'm going to try to buy some new ponies this weekend and bag the length up!

My hair looks like crap. I attempted a twist out which failed miserably and I had to go to work and couldn't do anything with it do it is in a ponytail right now. Do you ladies do your twistouts and braidouts on wet hair or dry hair? If its done on dry hair how do you dry your hair? Air or blowdryer?

it is so humid...i CO washed my hair last night around 8 and air-dried and by 10:30 it was almost entirely dry...yup it looks like it will be a hot summer...

but i will be sporting braids soon real soon

My hair holds up fairly nicely in a bun, lol...I wouldn't dare try to wear my hair out in this heat! Fah-geta-boudit!!!!! Can you say puff-city?!?
laugh.gif

as long as i'm wearing twists or buns i'm okay. anything other than that...
crazy.gif
...which really is too bad since i would like to get another dominican blowout.

My hair is pulled back and clipped up with a clip. My everyday style
wink.gif
, it way too hot to have hair hanging on me
nono.gif

I did a rollerset Sunday night. I walked out of my house at 7:45a.m., full and bouncy hair. By 8:10a.m. my hair was completely straight and soaking wet at the roots. I've been in a bun ever since.

I staightened my hair for the first time in three months and in one day it expanded. I was soooo embarrassed when I attended a conference and there were people sitting behind me! The DC weather has me going back to a wash and go.

Thick, nasty, hazy, humid, heated air
barf.gif
It's a good thing I didn't have to go leave the house today. I left my hair in plaits.

Am I the only one that actually LOVES this heat and have no problems with my hair? I see how naturals would have issues with the humidity but I guess since I'm relaxed the heat and my hair has never been a problem I wear blowouts and everything with no frizz.

My hair has been more dry than usual. I just try to keep it more moisturized. I just started doing two french-like braids for my hair to avoid combing while my hair is dry and doing conditioner washes 1-2X a week. My hair is color-treated too with Loreal Feria (which made my hair have dryness) but I need a deep conditioner for my hair and I want to start using good color rinses/semi-permies to help with maintaining my hair.

I'm wearing a braid out and having absolutely no problems with the heat, thanks to you ladies at LHCF. I love you guys!
notworthy.gif

Im sporting a bantu knot set pulled up in a ponytail. I wouldn't dare wear my hair down in this weather. It's summers' like this that make me want to run to the salon and chop my hair off. Im pretty close to doing it too I just haven't decided if it's gonna be a mini chop or a huge chop.

The last two days have been awful for my hair. It is dry as a desert and I've been wetting it every night in an attempt to keep it moisturized. I've been wearing it a high ponytail.

My hair feel like hay.. and looks like it too. On top of that, my relaxer didn't take, my hair is breaking in the back and it doesn't seem to be growing. Oh this question brough up some nasty feelings. GRRRRR
mad.gif

I do my twist/braidouts on damp hair, I then make sure that I use butters like shea and mango, It gives my hair high shine
smile.gif
and less frizzies. I feel I have found a humidity proof hair do for the summer.

It's hard to look cute in 95 degree weather!!
crazy.gif
I, for one, am really glad the temperature is going down to a much more comfortable 75 degrees tomorrow and only slightly higher for the weekend!!
smile.gif
Wheeew!! I wasn't quite ready for all this heat!!
nono.gif

I was trying not to do it, but I had to break down and turn on the central air in my house...
ohwell.gif
Was trying to hold off til July!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I was trying not to do it, but I had to break down and turn on the central air in my house...
ohwell.gif
Was trying to hold off til July!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to turn mine on at the beginning of May. It seemed like there was no spring at all--just 59 degrees one week, then the next week 89 degrees!

not so hot here only 75...but now that im natural you cant tell if i had a bad hair day or not. I think the humidity makes my hair look better
laugh.gif

Back