Dumped and buying him a gift?

naturalmanenyc

A coworker (White woman) recently asked a group of us about giving a man who dumped her the house warming gift she purchased. She said she wanted to make him "feel bad" and it was a gift that would only work in his home because of how it was set up. I don't recall what she bought. He dumped her a few days ago after 5 months of dating.

Two women said to give it to him (both single) and they agreed it would make him feel bad.

I told her to return it and after she said she can't, I told her to sell it on ebay/craigslist. I told her there is no way this guy will feel bad that she is giving him a present. He will walk around like a peacock with his chest out because he dumped her after months of dating and she is still buying him gifts.

Last edited:
Let her do what she wants. Some people don't learn until they walk right into the foolishness.

So is he supposed to accept the gift, feel bad, then take her back? If she can't keep it or return it, sell it. If a man didn't think I was worth his time, he darn sure isn't worth me money.

I don't think he will walk around proud.

I think he will see her as desperate and be a bit freaked out.

Why does she need to make him feel bad anyway?

Who gives someone a gift to make them feel bad? She should keep her ill intentions to herself.

I think she's hoping he feels guilty that he let such a good thoughtful woman go. A woman caring enough that she still thinks about him despite him dumping her. She is trying to turn herself into a martyr and little does she know is that men don't give a $hit about stuff like that. He will use that gift while playing house with the next chick.

Let Becky be great (to herself), but delusioned (to ppl with sense).
I can't even see the logic.

If she wants him back or wants him to feel guilty, she is doing it wrong.

A coworker (White woman) recently asked a group of us about giving a man who dumped her the house warming gift she purchased. She said she wanted to make him "feel bad" and it was a gift that would only work in his home because of how it was set up. I don't recall what she bought. He dumped her a few days ago after 5 months of dating.

Two women said to give it to him (both single) and they agreed it would make him feel bad.

I told her to return it and after she said she can't, I told her to sell it on ebay/craigslist. I told her there is no way this guy will feel bad that she is giving him a present. He will walk around like a peacock with his chest out because he dumped her after months of dating and she is still buying him gifts.

Exactly. :yep: Tell her DON'T DO it.

Men don't ever "feel bad" for dumping you, and if they DO, it's because they still have feelings for you. But if a guy is DUMPING YOU??? More than likely he has already moved on.

Tell her to sell that item on Craigslist or Ebay, or even better...donate it to Goodwill or something. Maybe she can write it off on her taxes later.

Her ex bf will NOT feel bad about dumping her and take her back. That's a common misconception that women have about men. Men don't THINK like women. :nono:

I think she's hoping he feels guilty that he let such a good thoughtful woman go. A woman caring enough that she still thinks about him despite him dumping her. She is trying to turn herself into a martyr and little does she know is that men don't give a $hit about stuff like that. He will use that gift while playing house with the next chick.

:werd:

EXACTLY.

I don't care if she throws it in the trash and WASTES the money. She should not give the gift to that man! What is she thinking??

Right on the money. :yep:

She's the type of woman who will raise an ungrateful child, keep giving the child gifts while he/she misbehaves. Ugh.

Why would she have bought him a gift anyway after 5 months of "dating". He wasn't even her man.

She's tripping. She needs to try to get her money back.

I'm always confused by the interaction and communication with a woman and an ex

your an ex--the relationship is over---move on! sheesh
know your worth

I'm always confused by the interaction and communication with a woman and an ex

your an ex--the relationship is over---move on! sheesh
know your worth

THANK YOU!!!

I don't talk to ANY of my exes. They all had qualities that I wouldn't want in a friend or associate.

Absolutely! And despite her "moving on," she'd probably take him back in a second.

Why would she have bought him a gift anyway after 5 months of "dating". He wasn't even her man.

She's tripping. She needs to try to get her money back.

:yep:

Ummmmmmmmmmm. No ma'am. First of all, what kind of custom made gifts is buying after five months of dating?

I'm not buying the custom made story. I think she's trying to find more ways to justify giving him the gift since, according to her, no one else can use it. She's just trying to keep in touch/hold on to him.

Besides, what could she possibly be buying for him that's so difficult to give to another person? New carpeting? Central air? A new septic system? An in-ground pool?

if she is doing it to give him a gift, I don't see the problem.

if she is expecting a reaction of reconciliation or regret, she shouldn't do it.

people don't care about you. you have to care about yourself. when you do stuff you "should" do it, because you want to, not because of the other's reaction.

give the gift and don't look back. further, don't even be accessible...

She doing the most. He made it clear he doesn't want her. If he wanted her she wouldnt have to beg " See i am worthy of your presence. See me, see me, PLEASE"! Give him the gift from your heart, not work with any desperate, thirsty plans involved, geez

Back