Duh...I can't believe I forgot to tell y'all this!

Phoenix

Duh...I can\'t believe I forgot to tell y\'all this!

I did it...the "big chop" !!! Last Wednesday I cut off my shoulder length relaxed hair. Now I only have about an inch and a half of natural hair. At first I was more than a little traumatized, but I am over it now. My hair grows pretty fast (but it was always breaking off from relaxers and heat) so I expect to have a headfull of little coils pretty soon. So far I have gotten a pretty good reaction from people. Women have been telling me " I wish I could do that but..." I will keep you guys updated on my progress!

Re: Duh...I can\'t believe I forgot to tell y\'all this!

girrrrl, how do you "forget" something like that?
laugh.gif
i'm glad people were supportive of the cut cuz folks can be rude when you do something that they wouldn't...
nono.gif

are you going to photograph your growth journey? it would be great to share with others!

adrienne

Congratulations Phoenix!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress.
smile.gif

Congratulations Phoenix!!!

That takes great courage girl! I can't wait to hear (and see??) your results in the coming months. Please keep us posted!
weird.gif
clap.gif
weird.gif
clap.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
laugh.gif

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I forgot either! I thought that my hair would be the only thing on my mind after I cut it. Surprisingly, I haven't really thought about it that much. I guess you could say that it just feels....natural
rofl.gif

Hi Phoenix,

I remember you. You're the one that needed the encouragement about 2 weeks ago. Congratulations, TWA's are so cute, sexy and chic looking.
smile.gif

Enjoy it while it's short because it grows out so fast then we get to do all the other fun styles.
grin.gif

Congratulations! I've been toying with doing that myself (because I get impatient though), and it sounds like you look fantastic with it! Keep us posted!
smile.gif

Congratulations Phoenix! I wish you much success.
smile.gif

adrienne0914 said:
laugh.gif
i'm glad people were supportive of the cut cuz folks can be rude when you do something that they wouldn't...
nono.gif

are you going to photograph your growth journey? it would be great to share with others!

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto! How can you forget to post that!
grin.gif

Congrats!

Congrats on your new cut and I'm glad you have no regrets! Happy hair growing!
smile.gif

Good for you, Phoenix!!!

Happy growing and remember to always detangle.

Congrats, and good luck on your hair growth journey!!!
smile.gif

Wow,
shocked.gif
I am so amazed at anyone who can do this. I often think about it but I am too, chicken to take the plunge even though I know it will benefit me in the long run. Congratulations. Please post pics when you can and let us know how you progress.
grin.gif

congrats on takin the plunge! i kno i was VERY nervous wen i cut my hair a lil over a month ago but i dont regret it. so how will u be growin yo hair out?? c&amp;g method ?? are u goin to be natural forever then or are u growin yo hair out natural and then relaxin it wen it reachd the desired length coz thats what i'm doing. what is yo regiment and how fast does yo hair grow per month?? also what is yo goal length?? sorry for all these questions but these kinda things interest me seeing as i'm in a similar situation myself
smile.gif
pliz take pics, i took pics the day i cut my hair and since i'm in micros at the moment i'll post them together wit my july pics

Wow!
shocked.gif
that's some nerve you've got there, but it's great that you'll start with healthy hair beleive me speaking from personal experience you'll be suprised at how fast your hair grows back b/c it's in a healthy state.
u grow girl.

Lucia said:
u grow girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
thats cute, it really is

Back