Dudes...I got a Fotki album! Huzzah!

Starian

Yeah, what the topic said. I've been making pretty good progress ever since the disaster with the glue-in weave. *shudder* Anky inspired me to do it because we have similar hair and she's making beautiful progress. :hug:

After cutting my hair to chin/upper neck length in January, my hair has responded to my taking care of it. I'm so proud of my progress, and I just wanted to share. Check it out. No password needed, it's public.

http://public.fotki.com/Starian2003/

I'll be updating every week, so check back. When I update, it's a hell of an update. :p

OMG, I am speechless. How did your hair grow so much from January to March? It is lovely.

hopeful said:
OMG, I am speechless. How did your hair grow so much from January to March? It is lovely.

Yeah, that's sum chia pet growth!!!

Ur hair is very pretty :) ... thanks for sharing.

Wow your hair looks so pretty, so full, and so lush. When I saw the pictures, I was like dang, maybe I should get some of these rollers too, if it would make my hair that lush. Happy hair growing. Ciao

You are right you do have thick hair. It's really healthy looking. What relaxer do you use and how often? lye or no lye.

DMarie

katie said:
I loooove your rollersets!What products do you use to get it looking like that?

Thanks, I just wash with the Suave Humectants Duo (shampoo and conditioner) and use Motions Nourish to set.

DMarie said:
You are right you do have thick hair. It's really healthy looking. What relaxer do you use and how often? lye or no lye.

DMarie

Before the boards I WAS relaxing every 6 weeks or so. I did have new growth by that time but I hate how limp and lifeless hair is after a relaxer. So now I'm stretching to about 3 months between relaxers. It's been working pretty well. Now I gotta try Sylver's scarf dry method because by that 2 1/2 month mark my hair be looking like a lamb's a$$, lol.

As for what type of relaxer I use, I use Dark and Lovely's Beautiful Beginnings for children. I use the 'Coarse or Thick' formula and leave it in more about 5 minutes more than the suggested time. Works better than Motions, which basically just texturized my new growth AND burned the crap out of me. It's no-lye, and has been working for me since I WAS a kid, lol. I'm 19 now, about to be 20 and children's relaxers are the only kind I can handle. :ohwell:

Wow! You have made a lot of progress. I remember your sad story months ago. You really are in inspiration, girl and you're so cute. You should model. :up:

hopeful said:

6 different vitamins (Relacore, Silica, Zinc, Biotin, MSM, and Super B12) and NO heat. Okay, a little. But only when doing deep conditioning treatments. No curling irons and flat irons, though. :p

LiLi said:
Your hair is beautiful! What is your regimen? I love the shine!!!!

That's just it, my regimen is all over the place. I alternate between the Suave Humectant shampoo and con., and the Suave Milk and Honey duo. I use Motions CPR whenever I get more than 7 hairs in the comb (seriously, I count), and I drink Motions Nourish like it's water. I use it for rollersets and detangling purposes. I JUST added LUST in the mix and it works beautifully. So my regimen is NO regimin. lol

I love love:love: your hair. You hair is gorgeous and the growth, I'm in awe:shocked:. I love:love: the thickness, bounciness, sheen and I love your wraps, pinups and rolls. Keep up the good work. :clapping: :clapping:

Back