Drying hair with a diffuser

Amour

Does drying hair with a diffuser or without the comb attachment on a low setting damaging to the hair?

I cant see why it would be... what do you think?

I use a diffuser in the winter to dry my WnG all the time. It's indirect heat like a hooded dryer and won't damage hair. The damage happens when you start using a brush or the comb attachment on a dryer :ohwell:

Well I don't think so, but I'm anti-heat so I only air-dry or use the cold setting on my blowdryer. I only use heat when I get a touch-up. I think if you don't use heat to often you should be fine!

I use a diffuser when I have to dry my hair quickly. I rarely use a blow dryer with a comb dettachement. This allows me to get the benefits of drying quickly without the damage of a blow dryer.

I use a diffuser in the winter to dry my WnG all the time. It's indirect heat like a hooded dryer and won't damage hair. The damage happens when you start using a brush or the comb attachment on a dryer :ohwell:
:yep: I do the same thing. I use it on low w/the finger diffuser and then do a cold air blast when it's about 95% dry.

i use one, my hair is fine im trying to cut back on the heat so i just dry it enough and let the rest air dry, its not like its a flat iron so i think its way safer

Okay, this is so weird. I was just about to ask this question!:lachen: Exactly how do you use this to keep your curls looking nice? I've never used one before and I'm about to BC. I'd really like to use this because I need more education for my natural journey to come.:yep:

I never noticed any damage when I used my diffuser, but I don't use it often at all. When I do use it, I do this thing where I dry an area of my hair, point the dryer away from my head, move it to the next area, and redirect the dryer back to my head. I never let it just blow my hair all over the place. Otherwise, I get frizzy hair. Heh, I hope that made sense.

Back