dryer recommendation

newslady

Considering making an investment in a real professional hooded hairdryer, one with wheels that dries your whole head just like the ones in the salon.
I'm so tired of stacking my hooded dryer on my kitchen table with 4 phone books and then twisting and turning my body around to get all my hair dry.
Any brand recommendations?
What will it cost me?
Where the best place to buy one.
Thanks in advance.
Here's a common one I've found on-line:
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/personal-care/hairdryers/55942/details

The Pibbs 514 hairdryer is a very good professional hooded dryer. This thing drys my rollerset in 30 minutes!! I ordered mine from Flamingo Beauty Supply in Florida and I paid around $300 for it including shipping. You can do an online search to check for other vendors and also check Ebay for deals.

Newslady
I do not recommend the Babyliss hood dryer, the hood is too small and not deep enough. It is not a professional tool, unlike the Pibbs or some other professional brand Those last (Pibbs or equivalent) may look somewhat oldfashioned but are still the most efficient dryers for standard rollersets.

Another thing, I don't know what is your experience with dryers in the salon.... If you are a newcomer, don't be afraid, your first stay under this kind of enclosed hood can be somewhat unpleasant, particularly if you have to stay a long time under. But you will quickly become accustomed. Several friends had told me after their first experience they would never repeat it ... and they are now drying routinely under the hood !

So you can make the move

I have the Pibbs 514 and I love it! I ordered it through Sally's bss. With shipping it ran me I think close to $300. I have had it for a while but I think that was about how much I paid for it. IMO its worth every penny!

I used the table top dryer for the while but as my hair got longer, I found it next to impossible for all my hair to dry. I would have to sit under for 3hr+ for it to be partly dry. So i went and got a professional dryer at the local BSS but I didnt get the PIbbs but I got one by Pro-Tools for $119. It has a timer and i can put the heat on up to 60 degress c. It works great and its just like the ones in the salon and my hair dries in no time.

If you have the money I would invest in a professional dryer especially if you do rollersets often like me.

Back