Dry Colored Hair

wyldcurlz

I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done because i think I take good care of my hair, but my hair (especially mid-length down) feels dry to the touch. It is colored - bleached (ombre.)

Any recommendations on what I should do?

Currently, I apply coconut oil to it weekly as a pre-poo and I usually wear wash-n-gos so it stays conditioned all.the.time! (that's what I don't understand.)

Seeking some LHCF therapy/advice!

Have you tried a protein and deep conditioning treatment ?
If that doesnt work perhaps it's time for a trim.

As you're moisturizing all the time and the hair is still dry...kinda sounds like you may have developed some porosity issues with the bleach.

Try the Roux Porosity Control Corrector Condish, or a protein treatment followed by DC like mentioned above. An ACV rinse would help smooth the cuticles down too.

I agree with the protein treatment. If you didn't do a protein treatment after the color or having done one recently you are due. Use a keratin protein treatment and not any of the other types. Once your hair is colored you need to use protein on a regular schedule. Then of course follow your protein treatment with a moisturizing DC as others have stated.

Coconut oil acts like a protein on my hair.

I know several people have suggested a protein treatment, but I would actually try moisture first (without the coconut oil). Aphogee has a great moisturizing rinse or conditioner.

I would definitely suggest something moisturizing with heat and a cold water rinse. Follow with a intensive leave in treatment, sealed with oil and go from there. I would not apply heat or chemicals to the hair until it returned to a balanced state.

I hope this helps. I personally cannot have color applied to my 4a/b hair. Everytime I have tried it - breakage city and stunted growth from the root - no matter how well I follow up with conditioning treatments.

I cosign w/ lana. I'm a colored natural and while I love EVCO to seal, it definitely acts as a protein. So you might want to find a purely moisture DC (I use Joico moisture recovery) and do a decent DC to see how your hair feels after that. I still need protein since I'm colored, so finding that balance is definitely crucial.

And if you're using heat, def leave it alone for a month if you can. Braid outs, twist outs, etc until you get past this stage of breakage. Then reintroduce it biweekly in the form of rollersets or airdrying/flat ironing.

Dudley DRC 28 protein treatment followed by ION Extreme Moisture treatment. These two products helped me during a hair bleach disaster. :Yep:

Back