*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Welcome to all new comers! DivineFavor I'm sure you will like it. The first taste is the hardest only b/c of what you may think it taste like but in the end it taste like a milk shake! :lick:

Thought this would help those who are having a hard time obtaining Wheat Germ Oil.

Vitamin E Rich Foods List

• Sunflower oil
  • Safflower oils
  • Hazelnuts
  • Almonds
  • Wheat germ
  • Rapeseed oil
  • Cod liver oil
  • Mayonnaise
  • corn oil
  • Soya bean oil
  • Peanut oil
  • Pine nuts
  • Popcorn
  • Samosas
  • Peanuts
  • Brazil Nuts
  • Marzipan
  • Sweet Potato
  • Walnuts
  • Egg Yolks
  • Muesli
  • Avocado

My cousin came to visit me today. I was busy cleaning my house up until she arrived and hadn't made my smoothie. After we visited for awhile, I told her I could make us a smoothie--she hadn't eaten either. I explained to her about the raw egg and told her all about our thread. She thought everything made sense, but said she thought she would pass.

Well, I started making her smoothie without the egg and then she was like, "you know what, add it. Everything about it sounds right." So, she tasted it and couldn't stop saying how good it was. She was basically like this :drunk:

I made a big batch and she kept downing it and was very excited about it . . . so, I made a convert! She's serious about her diet and beauty habits too, so I'm very happy that this is something we can share when we visit one another.

Oh this is such a wonderful story about the wonders of this drink.

Bronze, thank you for the 3rd time for making this. I was researching wheat germ oil and whey protein when I came across an article that suggested isolate instead of concentrate (less carbs and stronger).
Where is everyone getting their wheat germ oil/other ingredients? This thread has grown exponentially.

Welcome to the Egglett thread!
You can get the raw wheatgerm at
most healthfood stores. I buy mine at whole foods for like $2.50 per bag. Dont get the toasted kind. They carry the wheatgerm oil there also. You can also get the oil at the vitamin shoppe. Not sure it GNC has it but they probally do.

Welcome to all new comers! DivineFavor I'm sure you will like it. The first taste is the hardest only b/c of what you may think it taste like but in the end it taste like a milk shake! :lick:

Thanks MonaRae!

I just took my first shake about 15 minutes ago and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I actually kind of like it, the only think is that I need a little more sweet taste to it. :lachen: I used unsweetened almond milk so maybe that's why there was no sweetness. But, I also add a little agave nectar, but still no sweet taste. Maybe next time I'll add some fruit to it. Overall, I liked it! Here's the recipe I used today:

3/4 cup almond milk
1 egg
2 tbs wheat germ
1 tbs Omega 3-6-9 Total EFA oil (organic flax, organic evening primrose, vitamin e, organic borage oil, organic rosemary extract, and vitman c)
agave nectar

Thanks MonaRae!

I just took my first shake about 15 minutes ago and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I actually kind of like it, the only think is that I need a little more sweet taste to it. :lachen: I used unsweetened almond milk so maybe that's why there was no sweetness. But, I also add a little agave nectar, but still no sweet taste. Maybe next time I'll add some fruit to it. Overall, I liked it! Here's the recipe I used today:

3/4 cup almond milk
1 egg
2 tbs wheat germ
1 tbs Omega 3-6-9 Total EFA oil (organic flax, organic evening primrose, vitamin e, organic borage oil, organic rosemary extract, and vitman c)
agave nectar

Try adding vanilla almond milk or a frozen banana for sweetness. The frozen banana adds a nice sweetness for me.

My digestive system has been on the slow side for most of my life, so forgive me if I'm late with this post... but, does this shake make anyone go to the bathroom?

Try adding vanilla almond milk or a frozen banana for sweetness. The frozen banana adds a nice sweetness for me.

Oh ok...I looked at that one when I was in the store. I ended up buying the original flavor. I'll buy the one vanilla and try that, they're on sale at Earth Fare for $2.00. I will try the banana as well! Thanks Yodie!

Has anyone seen a dramatic difference because of the wheat germ oil? I don't add it. Just wondering.

Thanks.

My digestive system has been on the slow side for most of my life, so forgive me if I'm late with this post... but, does this shake make anyone go to the bathroom?

When I have my shake with flaxseeds I go about a half hour later like clockwork. But not with my plain mix of soy protein powder and soy milk. I usually add a tblsp flaxseeds.

Just checking in today on this MLK holiday. I had my shake today and as usual it was delish! Last night, though, I had a pill case and since I add all types of vits to my shake, I just opened up a weeks worth and put it in all the slots. This is to make making my shake a faster process. BTW where is Bronze?

Last edited:
Hello My Egglet Sistahs!

Where do I sign up to join?!! I've been eyeing this thread for a while and finally decided to purchase the ingredients for the shake this past Friday.

I mixed everything up as the recipe' suggested with a little bit of Nestle's Strawberry Syrup for taste along with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil and I'm very pleased to report that it was pretty good.

I'm looking forward to reaping all the benefits of the shake! I took pictures and marked my hair calendar this morning to so that I can monitor my progress. I got a fresh relaxer this Saturday so that will help me see how fast the shake is working along with my other growth methods, which are: Vitamins, drinking lots of water, MT/MN/Castor Oil/Sulfur mix along with the hair shake so I'm hoping to be past bsl by the spring.

I'm very excited and wish all of my egglet sistahs the best!!! I believe if we know better we'd do better so with that said, let's get growing!!!

Special thanks to Bronze and Puffy, you guys are the best!!!

TonicaG

Hey Bronze, come out come out wherever you are!

PuffyBrown! I'm loving your progress! You grow gurl!!!!! :wow:

Thank you for noticing. I got another inch...whoo hoo. So happy. I have been wiggin it and it has been worth it. gonna be lookin cute this summer.

Has anyone seen a dramatic difference because of the wheat germ oil? I don't add it. Just wondering.

Thanks.

I don't know the author of the book (Alexander) seemed to think that this was an important ingredient. I pretty much stick to the recipe with the exception of a 1/2 scoop of soy protein. I am having great results.

It most certainly does. And when my cousin visited, she also validated this :lachen:!

Thanks.

I know when I first was thinking about doing this smoothie, I sent a message to Bronze and she said that the oil helps to internally moisturize your skin and hair. I do feel like my hair is softer and my skin has more of a radiant inner glow. In addition to to this oil, I am also taking red sockeye salmon oil (Omega 3), so I'm assuming both of them are having positive effects on my hair and skin.

Hello ladies,

I've been reading this thread for awhile & posted once or twice. I finally decided to try the shake yesterday. I followed the recipe in the book except I used very vanilla soy milk. It tasted ok (nutty & vanilla) but not bad enuff to keep me from drinking it again today. I'm gonna stick to it & will post when I do length checks.

Thanks Bronze for this thread!

I decided to become an Egglet about a week ago and I've been drinking my shake faithfully...except I missed Sat/Sun....I'll be drinking tonight!

My recipe is the same as the original and I use frozen strawberries!

The first couple times I made it I didn't have any raw wheat germ, just the wheat germ oil...but when I added the raw wheat germ, I had so much energy, I thought I was on crack!! :grin:

Also, it seems like my skin is glowing!! I was thinking it was my imagination, but I don't think it is!!

Plus, I've started on the 5-factor diet and it incorporates LOT of proteins, and I take marine capsules, so I definitely think I'm getting enough protein!

I'm going to drink to WL hair!

Thanks so much to the OP!!

Here is some random info on wheat germ oil and benefits; also a warning:

This is from a online post I found:

I take wheat germ oil capsules and yes, I keep them refrigerated.
I have indeed noticed an increase in stamina with my workouts since i began
taking them a couple of months ago. My hair seems shinier and healthier
and my skin fresher.

Some years ago I used the liquid, the taste can be hard to take, I wouldn't recommend
it with food. Otherwise, great stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum vulgare)
* light weight
* rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D and most importantly E
* nourishing to the skin
* also contains phosphorus, zinc, iron, sulphur, potassium, carotene and vegetable lecithin
* highly nutritive ingredient in skin care products
* soothes and nourishes irritated skin and may be helpful with eczema
* believed to promote skin elasticity, nourish skin cells, and prevent moisture loss resulting in smoother, younger looking skin. Mature skin, in particular, will benefit from wheat germ oil
* anti-oxidants improve the scalp’s ability to utilize oxygen, leaving the scalp healthy, decreasing thinning
* also softens hair
* COM 5
* shelf life 1 yr; should be refrigerated

Wheat germ Oil
Contains: protein, minerals, vitamins E, A & D
Uses: dry cracked skin, eczema, psoriasis, prematurely aged skin, stretch-marks. Thick, sticky, some sources say anti-oxidant. Use a 10% dilution NOTE: often recommended as addition to other oils to increase stability and shelf life. HOWEVER, Sylla Sheppard- Hanger states that "if anything it oxidizes more readily than others. The vitamin E content is low and does not prevent it from oxidizing...if it has been used as an anti-oxidant and worked it is purely because the original wheat germ oil contained synthetic anti-oxidants commonly added at the source of production."

WARNING: Wheat Germ Oil can be very dangerous for a person with a severe wheat or gluten allergy. I recently received the following in my email, from a member of the Canadian Celiac Association " Just wanted to mention that wheat germ oil would be harmful to those people who have a wheat allergy, or gluten sensitivity, like Celiac Disease (CD), or the associated disease, Dermatitis Herpitiformus, (DH). Both Diseases are sensitive to the gluten in the wheat germ, and might inadvertently absorbed through the skin."

WHEAT GERM OIL
This amber oil has a nutty aroma and is extracted by pressing or solvent extraction from the wheat "germ." Wheat germ oil is very rich in lecithin, minerals, proteins, and vitamins A, D, and E. This oil is especially high in vitamin E, an antioxidant long used to help skin tissue rejuvenate itself.

Properties:
Wheat germ oil stimulates tissue regeneration to minimize wrinkling, scarring, and stretch marks. Good for aging skin, promotes skin cell formation, improves blood circulation, softens and rejuvenates the skin, speeds up healing of cuts and wounds. Also good for psoriasis and eczema.

I've never used the wheat germ oil and hate to even do so now.

Is anyone see great results without the oil? I can't really check my own hair because it's braided underneath my wig.

I don't even know if I'm allergic to wheat or not. So, I hope I don't have any adverse effects from the wheat germ. I'm not using wheat germ oil, because I already have Omega 3-6-9 and want to continue using it.

MonaRae - what are you using in place of the wheat germ?

So I decided to reveal a few pic of my hair.

The first pic is what 3 years of LFCH done for me :sad: I know! For the life of me I don't know what I was doing wrong. It got to the point that I was scared to use any chemicals.

The second shot is 3 months of the Egg Cocktail and before my last relaxer. Can you see the growth?

The third & fourth shots is after my last relaxer which was Design Essential Special Time Release. It give me the perfect texlax! I'm loving the texture of my hair.

Egg Cocktail for LIFE!

Attachments

• Before_Egg.JPG
    Before_Egg.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 53
  • Growth_After_The_Egg.JPG
    Growth_After_The_Egg.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Texture_Shot.JPG
    Texture_Shot.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Texture_2.JPG
    Texture_2.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
So I decided to reveal a few pic of my hair.

The first pic is what 3 years of LFCH done for me :sad: I know! For the life of me I don't know what I was doing wrong. It got to the point that I was scared to use any chemicals.

The second shot is 3 months of the Egg Cocktail and before my last relaxer. Can you see the growth?

The third & fourth shots is after my last relaxer which was Design Essential Special Time Release. It give me the perfect texlax! I'm loving the texture of my hair.

Egg Cocktail for LIFE!

Wow, great growth MonaRae!

Thanks DivineFavor! I said I don't know what I was doing wrong but now that I'm thinking about it I recently developed Anemia! Which was the cause of so much of my hair fell out. When I started with LHCF was was full SL. The Egg Cocktail really brought my hair back to life.

Back