Dressing Up Cornrows

laurend085

I just got single row cornrows and I want a way to dress them up They are pretty much straight back and curve a little in some places. The only thing I can think of is those headbands that are horizontal on ur head instead of vertical. I call them Indian head bands but I don't know where to buy them from. Any suggestions??

Are the cornrows long enough for you to do a bun or an updo? Perhaps you can add a cute bow or a flower type ponytail holder...That's what I've always done with cornrows...

laurend085 wrote:
I just got single row cornrows and I want a way to dress them up They are pretty much straight back and curve a little in some places. The only thing I can think of is those headbands that are horizontal on ur head instead of vertical. I call them Indian head bands but I don't know where to buy them from. Any suggestions??

I can't picture what you're talking about. Do you have a photo of someone wearing one?

You can dress it up with different headbands and also if your hair isn't long enough in the back wear different phonytails or puffs. Its good to have your cornrows going up instead of ending at the nape of your neck for that reason. By horizontal headbands do you mean the bands Celtic women wear that are slightly draped on your forehead?

How about this idea: ordering tiny flowers like the ones sold by this Etsy seller and adding them to bobby pins which you insert into your cornrows so that the pin is completely hidden and your cornrows adorned.

I'm think kinda like this:
Organza-Flower-Bobby-Pins.jpg

(Image borrowed form www.bridella.com)

Yes those bands are similar there are some that are skinnier. Where do I buy those? Also about my cornrows, they are braided down my nape and fall to a little past apl. I thought about my nape at first but didn't know really what to do about the nape. I can put em in a bun but I still want some kind of accessory. Here's another pic of the type of headbands I'm looking for:
Hippieheadband.jpg

yeah thats what i thought you can probably find them at target...or maybe forever 21 or charlotte russe for cheap...or claire's/icing

Yes those bands are similar there are some that are skinnier. Where do I buy those? Also about my cornrows, they are braided down my nape and fall to a little past apl. I thought about my nape at first but didn't know really what to do about the nape. I can put em in a bun but I still want some kind of accessory. Here's another pic of the type of headbands I'm looking for:

You should be able to put it in a bun if it is that length, I would think.

Back