Dr. Miracles made my hair fall out

She needs to see a derm. She probably was allergic to some ingredient in the product......

Ingredients in the Healing Oil:

Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Polisobutene (and) Ethylene /Propylene /Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Salicylic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate), EugeniaCaryophyllus (clove) Leaf Oil, ) Menthol, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil,

Off the top of my head...the bolded are two ingredients that she could have possibly had a reaction to....

Wow! She had so many bald spots!

I love Dr. Miracle's spot serum. It helped regrow my edges.........I want to use it again, but after this i'm afraid to. I don't know why though, because obviously, i'm not allergic to it. But I just don't know.....

Poor baby. I can tell she is really hurt. I am thankful that she us courageous enough to let us see as a cautionary tale. Its not like she really did anything wrong. I watch another video and she seems to take good care of her hair.

Last edited:
Wow I hate that happened to her! Something similar happened to me with Dr. Miracles. I forgot what product it was but it was about 7 yrs ago. It was a basic grease with his feel it formula. I would put it on my edges when I had a weave. About 2 weeks in I got huge scabs around my edges. If I tried to remove them the hair would come off and my head would bleed. I had to go to my sisters stylist for an emergency appointment and she removed the scabs but my hair was damaged beyond repair. All she could do was cut it all to a decent length and let it grow back. I should have taken pictures but I was too scared, young and new to hair care to realize. Smh I never used anything Dr. miracle again though

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Scary. Dr. Miracle is always screwing somebody's hair up. Someone really needs to put together a class-action.

Wow....she needs to contact dr.miracles asap and see a doctor to ensure no toxic shock to her system.

Also, i will always do a patch test from now on.

I had to comment, but that stuff was the devil on my stepmother head.

When the product came out years ago..I tried it/the spot that I placed the serum on come right out ..Thank god I only used a little bit...NO MORE!I have learned my lesson...

Happy Hair Growing!

*Takes note to never use this product* Thanks OP, sometimes I like to try new things that I never would just for the thrill. Ain't no thrill in weird reactions and hair fallin' out though. :nono:

wow.... i use that grow oil all the time

to stop my itching :-/

eta: I did lose my hair to the relaxer tho:blush:.... i mean that was the worst mess ever

Last edited:
Dr. Miracle's relaxer caused me first setback when I was relaxed. My hair broke off so bad and I was only relaxed for 7 months. The whole line imo is garbage and I tell my friends do not use it if you want to keep your hair.

That was just terrible! I got chills just looking at all the bald spots. Girly definitely had an allergic reaction to the product and she needs to take that product to a dermatologist and let them know what happened.

I'm at work so I can't comment on the video.

BUT I have heard so many bad things about Dr. Tragic...I mean Dr. Miracle its a shame!

I never used their products before, never will.

Will watch the vid when I get home...

Those Dr. Miracles commercials turned me off to those products...

Is there any way to get it pulled from the shelves? I hear so many things about their products. Miracle my A$$. I feel so bad for her. The spots are so noticiable.

The commercials always looked janky to me and I had heard stories from others about how it damaged their hair so I've always stayed away. I'm surprised it's still on the shelves actually.

I say we help her out and bombard customer service with e-mailed links to this video.

THIS AIN'T RIGHT!

Last edited:
It seems that there is a lot of misinformation out there about Dr Miracle's products. I found a LOT of complaints and a handful of praises. Yet the product still exists.

Wow I hate that happened to her! Something similar happened to me with Dr. Miracles. I forgot what product it was but it was about 7 yrs ago. It was a basic grease with his feel it formula. I would put it on my edges when I had a weave. About 2 weeks in I got huge scabs around my edges. If I tried to remove them the hair would come off and my head would bleed. I had to go to my sisters stylist for an emergency appointment and she removed the scabs but my hair was damaged beyond repair. All she could do was cut it all to a decent length and let it grow back. I should have taken pictures but I was too scared, young and new to hair care to realize. Smh I never used anything Dr. miracle again though

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Before I BC in 07 my hair was relaxed and I was using Dr. Miracle, I don't remember what the name products the were, but it was three of them...one was a gel, one was cremey and one was kind of thicke. They were part of the "feel it formulas" I felt it alright. My edges broke off and my hair fell out. I didn't suffer from any bald spots from Dr. Miracle but I became "tenderheaded" my scalp was very sensitive and the relaxers only made it worse.

Back