DPR-11..total moisture??

girlyprincess23

I know a lot of ladies here (myself included) have been looking for a DC that is ALL moisture as in NO protein. Well i used DPR 11 last night as a overnight DC (in kinkys!!!) and while I can't really compare it to other DC's i'v done b/c my hair is in kinkys I CAN say that my ng/ roots= exposed hair is VERY soft. Also before i rinsed it out this am I was looking at the ingredients and I saw NO protein (that yelled PROTEIN anyway). So I was wondering could this be what we moisture junkies have all been looking for? A DC that is ALL moisture???

hmm i wonder why they would hate it?...it does have a mask like texture to it...but otherwise.............

you know how it is...everything isn't for everybody. DPR-11 gives no slip for some people...it's just like me and Keracare Humecto in the tub. People LURVES IT...it was just okay for me. I wouldn't buy it again.

I bought this just late last month because I was looking for a pure moisture DC and it's been working well for me, my hair feels soft and moisturised with it. Some people have said it just sits on their hair though.

I like DPR-11 for its moisturizing properties but I do not use it as a DC ever or wash with it, due to it's total lack of slip for me. I will use it as a daily leave in conditioner or I will re-braid my hair once a week b/n washes and use it as a moisturizer. But it is a very good product

Where can I get my hands on this DPR-11? Sallys Beauty Supply perhaps? And is DPR an acronym or is this the real name of this stuff. Please advise

I just bought this a few weeks ago..and it is the best moisturising DC that I've used so far...its like it literally melts in my hair. My hair is so soft after using it. Definately a staple for me:yep:

I used to use this conditioner too!

I would take out the amount that I would use for one application and add 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of water.

Gives more slip that way :yep:

I don't use it now. I don't want to use petroleum heavy products, and it's like 3rd on the list.

i love dpr (deep penetrating remoisturizer)-11. it literally melts all of my tangles away...i use it to deep condition after a heavy duty protien treatment using dudley's drc-28.

Last edited:
I used to use this conditioner too!

I would take out the amount that I would use for one application and add 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of water.

Gives more slip that way :yep:

I don't use it now. I don't want to use petroleum heavy products, and it's like 3rd on the list.

aw man! i never realized that! i need to re-read the ingredient list...dang. i just bought 3 jars b/c it is hard to find so i stock-piled. it's very strange b/c my hair hates conditioners w/petroleum (i.e. pantene relaxed & natural) however, my hair seems to love dpr-11...i won't be using it if it has petroleum :nono:.

aw man! i never realized that! i need to re-read the ingredient list...dang. i just bought 3 jars b/c it is hard to find so i stock-piled. it's very strange b/c my hair hates conditioners w/petroleum (i.e. pantene relaxed & natural) however, my hair seems to love dpr-11...i won't be using it if it has petroleum :nono:.

It's easy to miss.

They have a long list of the different herbal extracts in water first.

The first three ingredients are herbal extracts in water, ceteryl alcohol, petroleum or something like that.

On th jar is says Extracts of nettle, blah, blah, blah, blah... in water, THEN they list the other ingredients.

I absolutely did not like this product. I tried it after hearing so many good reviews on it, but it did nothing for my hair in terms of moisture:nono: I still have a whole jar left because it only got one use outta me hmmmm maybe i should sell it...

Last edited:
I love QP DPR-11! I am a natural, and it doesn't give as much slip for me as I would like, so I add lots of honey and melted coconut oil. How I do it, is heat in a glass bowl 3-5 Tbls honey and 1-3 Tbls of coconut oil for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Once that's warmed (NOT HOT) I will use the whip to try and incorporate them together a bit more. Then I will add the DPR-11 and mix all that together. This time I did add a little Avdea brilliance conditioner and suave daily moisture conditioner. I used the soft bonnet dryer cap thing for like 30 min, and my hair was like BUTTA!!! I LOVE it. I have not however had "amazing" results with the product by itself. For me, I NEED to add the honey and oil.

It does not give slip but it is a great DC, I don't care because my leave in has slip. I used it 2x a week to get my hair back in shape.

I know a lot of ladies here (myself included) have been looking for a DC that is ALL moisture as in NO protein. Well i used DPR 11 last night as a overnight DC (in kinkys!!!) and while I can't really compare it to other DC's i'v done b/c my hair is in kinkys I CAN say that my ng/ roots= exposed hair is VERY soft. Also before i rinsed it out this am I was looking at the ingredients and I saw NO protein (that yelled PROTEIN anyway). So I was wondering could this be what we moisture junkies have all been looking for? A DC that is ALL moisture???

You know, I bought some of this a few weeks ago. I came home and looked up some posts before I used it, and I was horrified that people were tossing it, saying it did nothing and had petroleum.

They must have revamped it, because the ingredients on my jar had NO petroleum that I could tell, just various oils.

Anyway, I put it on dry hair first (the smell was divine), and my hair was like butter. Soft, silky, smooth...just wonderful. I then washed and put it on damp hair, and no go.:nono:

So I think it IS a wonderful DC, but I personally think it works better on dry hair, and will be using it that way from now on. I think it's a great product.:yep:

It's easy to miss.

They have a long list of the different herbal extracts in water first.

The first three ingredients are herbal extracts in water, ceteryl alcohol, petroleum or something like that.

On th jar is says Extracts of nettle, blah, blah, blah, blah... in water, THEN they list the other ingredients.

Darn. Well, it's working so far.:grin:

ETA: My first several ingredients:

Cahmomilia Recutita Extract, Uritica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara Flower Extract...etc....Number 9 on the list is PetrolatumCetyle Alcohol.

Does that mean they revamped it?

Last edited:
You know, I bought some of this a few weeks ago. I came home and looked up some posts before I used it, and I was horrified that people were tossing it, saying it did nothing and had petroleum.

They must have revamped it, because the ingredients on my jar had NO petroleum that I could tell, just various oils.

Anyway, I put it on dry hair first (the smell was divine), and my hair was like butter. Soft, silky, smooth...just wonderful. I then washed and put it on damp hair, and no go.:nono:

So I think it IS a wonderful DC, but I personally think it works better on dry hair, and will be using it that way from now on. I think it's a great product.:yep:

for mine & my pocketbook's sake, i hope that's the case with the
jars i bought. if it's not then imma' faint!

They revamped it, b/c mine doesn't have any petroleum, I ran to look at the ingredients, no petroleum...thank goodness, b/c my hair hates it:ohwell:

I dunno if the ingredients have changed. Looking on line this is the list i find now...

Chamomile, Nettle, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Extract, Petroleum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetromonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.

It used to read a little differently, along the lines of this...

Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Extract in purified water, Petroleum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetromonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.

The first few ingredients are really one ingredient.

It's deceptive on their part, but not exactly a lie.

Think about it this way, is the (cheap) conditioner really MOSTLY comprised of ground up chamomile and nettle flowers? Extracts of plants are very light liquids... dpr-11 is VERY thick.

Not that I'm against the product. I like it... I'm just an ingredient snob :)

Last edited:
It has Vaseline as one of the ingredients Petroleum so if you don't mind that then I guess its good.

Last edited:
I dunno if the ingredients have changed. Looking on line this is the list i find now...

Chamomile, Nettle, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Extract, Petroleum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetromonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.

It used to read a little differently, along the lines of this...

Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Extract in purified water, Petroleum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetromonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.

The first few ingredients are really one ingredient.

It's deceptive on their part, but not exactly a lie.

Think about it this way, is the (cheap) conditioner really MOSTLY comprised of ground up chamomile and nettle flowers? Extracts of plants are very light liquids... dpr-11 is VERY thick.

Not that I'm against the product. I like it... I'm just an ingredient snob :)

That's not moisture....

That's not moisture....

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Many people's hair like petroleum. It kept my hair very well conditioned when I used it.

It IS petroleum heavy... which was my point in posting the ingredients.

Anyways, could someone who has bought it recently post the ingredients? If it is petroleum free now I'm gonna have to get some!

Interesting. Petroleum is really the 2nd ingredients since the extracts are in purified water.

So it really goes...

1. Herb/Oil Infused Water
2. Petroleum

:perplexed

Oh well. I'm still working on a jar I bought last Fall. But I do like it when I use it. Back to Aubrey's HSR after that.

Where can I get my hands on this DPR-11? Sallys Beauty Supply perhaps? And is DPR an acronym or is this the real name of this stuff. Please advise

any bss; not sure about sally's; it's an acronym ( a real one not an LHCF one!! it's on the bottle) for deep penetrating remoisturizer and the 11 is for the 11 natural ingredients or whatever "special" 11 ingredients there are in it

hth

Back