DPR-11..total moisture??

They revamped it, b/c mine doesn't have any petroleum, I ran to look at the ingredients, no petroleum...thank goodness, b/c my hair hates it:ohwell:

hrrmmm...b/c i know i didn't see any petroluem on mine either...maybe the old ones have it and that's why some people don't like it...I admit it does not give slip but that's all surface anyway...it took away that persistent dry feeling so I'm LOVING it nothing else did that...not even my beloved humectress and that gives lots of slip!! Besides I could always use DPR 11 as a DC then humectress for the slip if I ever wanna do a wash n go!!

I love QP DPR-11! I am a natural, and it doesn't give as much slip for me as I would like, so I add lots of honey and melted coconut oil. How I do it, is heat in a glass bowl 3-5 Tbls honey and 1-3 Tbls of coconut oil for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Once that's warmed (NOT HOT) I will use the whip to try and incorporate them together a bit more. Then I will add the DPR-11 and mix all that together. This time I did add a little Avdea brilliance conditioner and suave daily moisture conditioner. I used the soft bonnet dryer cap thing for like 30 min, and my hair was like BUTTA!!! I LOVE it. I have not however had "amazing" results with the product by itself. For me, I NEED to add the honey and oil.

Me, too. :yep:

They revamped it, b/c mine doesn't have any petroleum, I ran to look at the ingredients, no petroleum...thank goodness, b/c my hair hates it:ohwell:

Hi, LadyKaypnyc. Could you list the ingredients on your jar of DPR?

On mine, after the list of herbal extracts, it says PetrolatumCetyle Alcohol. This is one word. Not, petrolatum, cetyle alcohol, as though it were two different products. Cetyle alcohol is sort of a fatty alcohol that conforms to whatever formula it belongs to. I'm guessing that it's sort of a filler.

Perhaps, the mixture of the two null and voids the adverse affects of petrolatum. Because the DPR, when mixed appropriately, makes my hair incredibly soft and manageable.

I absolutely did not like this product. I tried it after hearing so many good reviews on it, but it did nothing for my hair in terms of moisture:nono: I still have a whole jar left because it only got one use outta me hmmmm maybe i should sell it...

Same here. I DC with it every week, I wanted to give it a few tries and my hair always feels dry.

Now keep in mind, I have low porosity meaning, it is hard for moisture to get in my hair, so most conditioners dont work. But I will say out of all the ones I tried, this one was the worst in terms of moisture.

Now im trying to see what I can try next...

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Many people's hair like petroleum. It kept my hair very well conditioned when I used it.

It IS petroleum heavy... which was my point in posting the ingredients.

Anyways, could someone who has bought it recently post the ingredients? If it is petroleum free now I'm gonna have to get some!
I purchased some about two months ago and immediately sold it because of the petroleum so it appears to still be an ingredient.

I personally choose not to use petroleum products on my hair and I just wanted to make sure that folks saw that ingredient hidden in the middle of all the other great sounding ingredients. It kills the deal for me.

If it works for others that is awesome! I just want to make sure we are making informed decisions, becuase I am personally more concerned with what my scalp likes vs my hair and I know petroleum is not healthy for our skin or scalps.

On mine, after the list of herbal extracts, it says PetrolatumCetyle Alcohol. This is one word. Not, petrolatum, cetyle alcohol, as though it were two different products. Cetyle alcohol is sort of a fatty alcohol that conforms to whatever formula it belongs to. I'm guessing that it's sort of a filler.

Perhaps, the mixture of the two null and voids the adverse affects of petrolatum. Because the DPR, when mixed appropriately, makes my hair incredibly soft and manageable.
Try googling that word...it does not exist. I think it's either a very bad typo or an attempt to hide the fact that the base of the product is Vaseline ....

http://www.google.com/search?source...LG:2006-12,GGLG:en&q=PetrolatumCetyle+Alcohol

This is the result I got when I googled the word just as it appears on the lable, and there is no such animal.

Cetyle Alcohol is an ingredient that is used as filler in conditioners.

ETA: The product is suspect in my book....

Last edited:
I used this last night again and my hair is so soft with so much slip! Definitely a keeper! I guess it works for some and for others it doesn't.

Last edited:
hrrmmm...b/c i know i didn't see any petroluem on mine either...maybe the old ones have it and that's why some people don't like it...I admit it does not give slip but that's all surface anyway...it took away that persistent dry feeling so I'm LOVING it nothing else did that...not even my beloved humectress and that gives lots of slip!! Besides I could always use DPR 11 as a DC then humectress for the slip if I ever wanna do a wash n go!!
Humectress has mineral oil in it which is a petroleum product as well... perhaps your hair likes the stuff.

The price of petro has gone up quiet a bit recently. Perhaps the hair companies that use it will have to use less expensive natural ingredients to save a buck :laugh:

Try googling that word...it does not exist. I think it's either a very bad typo or an attempt to hide the fact that the base of the product is Vaseline ....

http://www.google.com/search?source...LG:2006-12,GGLG:en&q=PetrolatumCetyle+Alcohol

This is the result I got when I googled the word just as it appears on the lable, and there is no such animal.

ETA: The product is suspect in my book....

I think so too :yep: Someone sat down and tried to make the ingredient list look as good as possible without it being a total lie.

Which is strange because many people would use it anyway if they just plainly stated it.

I think so too :yep: Someone sat down and tried to make the ingredient list look as good as possible without it being a total lie.

Which is strange because many people would use it anyway if they just plainly stated it.

You know they lurk on here so they are trying to get us to buy into it so we will give them free advertising. :lachen:

BTW, I love DPR-11. I use it weekly with little problems so far.

that is what all 3 of my jars have listed on them... my hair loathes petroleum but this conditioner is awesome! i think i'll use up all the jars i have and not repurchase it. i am getting rid of petroleum & mineral oil products...just returned 2 keracare humecto conditioners to JC Penny's today.

ETA: The product is suspect in my book....[/quote]

ITA, I googled it and I can't find it at all...that's makes it very suspect, it doesn't say petroleum, but that other thing can't be found:nono:

Back