DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its official......I'm a DC junkie!

I just DC'ed with heat on Sunday and I can't wait to get home to do it again tonight!

Just checking in. I'm still DCing overnight at least three times per week w/ CON purple bottle. I did it on Sunday night and will do it again two more times before Saturday. My hair has grown so much since my trim in late december. DCing overnight this often is really helping me with retention. I am due to take progress pics in mid February so I'll post pics then. My progress by then will put me past the longest length of my life.

My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:

OMGoodness, OMGoodness!! My hair was the softest I had ever felt it (natural now). I've been natural before, but never natural AND soft like this!! 3 hours pays off!

:lachen:

me~:rolleyes:

You are really having a lot of fun, aren't you:grin:? Anyhoo, is the Aveda Sap Moss a protein treatment? I want to add to the front page. Oh, and what are your results with it?

Its official......I'm a DC junkie!

I just DC'ed with heat on Sunday and I can't wait to get home to do it again tonight!

Girl CD, yawl comin' in here all excited and gat me wantin' to DC all the time now. This excitement is contagious:drunk:. I just DCed today and I already want to DC again. Eisani ain't no help either with all those wonderful deep conditioners she's been using:grin:. I keep looking at my own stash of deep conditioners....it's hard to figure out which one I'll use next because I want to use them all, all of a sudden:spinning:.

So far I'm not DC nearly as much as everyone else so I'm inspired to step my game up. I'm wearing my hair in twists under a wig(my goal is all of 09'...pray for me lol!) so I am conditioning once a week with each wash right now. So far I've DC once with Kenra moisturizing conditioner mixed with EVCO and EVOO and loved it. Kenra is already amazing on my hair alone but the EVCO/EVOO just seemed to add more of a creaminess that I loved. This week I plan to DC with ORS and may start DC each time I wash.

I just finished my first ever Aphogee 2-step protein treatment wit balancing conditioner and now I'm DCing with my Pantene breakage defense mask.

The aphogee was stinging my scalp and my back, but I scratch a lot so i'm thinking that's the reason for the stinging; it felt almost like how my scalp would sting when i used to get a relaxer. My hair felt very strong and heavier after the total 2-step treatment.

I used the 2-step this past weekend. I know that if you get a little in your eye it burns like the dickens..........ooooooowwwww :wallbash:

my great discovery:

I admit it's HARD to squeeze the time to DC with heat. I have a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old and time is limited.

I have to read to the little ones before they nap and before they go down for the night. THEN i have stay in the room with the 1 yr old for 30 mins for her to fall asleep.

After all that, it's usually time for me to start the next meal. But today I snuck in a wash and had conditioner in my hair under a plastic bag. someting told me to pull out my bonet drier. I took it in the room with the one year old. I turned it on and remembered it's white noise. She fell asleep in THREE mins! AND I got 30 mins of heat for my DC!

:grin:

Awww, cute story.:grin: It's great that you've found an easier way to do the dc'ing.

Are there any lo or no pooers here? What are you using, and how has it been working for you? Also is the ORS Pak the same as the bottle?

Coming into this thread makes me feel like taking my cornrows out so I can DC:look:
Well...I have to wait because I only got them done 3 days ago and I paid too much money for them.
I guess it is a nice break.

Are there any lo or no pooers here? What are you using, and how has it been working for you? Also is the ORS Pak the same as the bottle?

I'm a pooer (twice a week) so I cant help you with the first part of your question, but yes the bottle is the same as the PAK.

Hi All,

I'm super late on the pics but here we go. I actually started DCing twice a week at the end of October 08. I won't use it as a starting point for this challenge but I posted the pic anyway b/c it's a true testament to what a difference DCing can make (IMO anyways). My hair is healthier and getting thicker everytime I DC.

This is my Oct 31 pic:

Hairjourneybegins10-31-08.jpg
http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg376/lovleelilie/Hairjourneybegins10-31-08.jpg

This is my January pic (what I will use as a starting point for this challenge):
1-11-09.jpg

I'll update monthly. Happy Hair Growing Ladies!

ETA: ummm sorry for GINORMOUS pic size :ohwell:

Last edited:
Great choices Shae101s. I bought the AO HSR already and have used it many times and I ordered the AO GBP online and it should be here soon. I can't wait to jump right on it right away. Yes absolutely you can use these two conditioners and a great bonus is that they are natural and organic - perfect!!!

Hey chica..so I finally got my hands on some HSR and GPB...I used the GPB after I washed with my ayurveda and i don't know but my hair felt kinda dry...is there a specific way to use this line? Is it better to dc with them on dry hair?

I washed with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, did the aphogee 2 step treatment followed by the aphogee balancing moisture conditioner. I am now DC'ing with GVP conditioning balm with heat for 1/2 hour then will leave it on without heat for a few hours. I am so loving this challenge:yep:

I am sitting here with some Keracare Humecto and a plastic cap on my head. I put the stuff on dry hair. I've been sitting for 20 minutes and I am considering getting under the dryer for 15 more. I have no intention of shampooing today. I will just rinse, moisturize and air dry.
I've been struggling with dry, snapping off hair. I bought Aphogee two step and I intend to use it sometime this weekend.

ETA: I ended up putting a layer of LeKair cholesteral over the Keracare. 1.5 hours w/o heat, .5 hours with heat. I lost a lot less hair when I rinsed.

Last edited:
Checking in - DC last night with Ultra Sheen Duo Tex rinsed and mixed AO HSR with a little AO GPB - let it dry in hair, rinsed this morning rollerset....

Washed with Kapoor and rose powders mixed in a cheapie conditioner with rosewater, glycerin, trea tree oil and SAA, let sit 40 minutes and massaged scalp and rinsed. Deep conditioned with Joico moisture recovery conditioner for 2 hours. Soft Soft luxurious afro

:thud: I'm sick. My head hurts. I'm tired. I might do an overnight DC, since I'm in twists - if I get in a DC at all.

Wash with Elucence Moisture Benefits
DC with Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango, coconut oil, honey, and evoo
Green tea rinse
Wet bun

Hey chica..so I finally got my hands on some HSR and GPB...I used the GPB after I washed with my ayurveda and i don't know but my hair felt kinda dry...is there a specific way to use this line? Is it better to dc with them on dry hair?

I wouldn't use the GPB after using ayurveda because it is a protein conditioner. Ayurveda powders are already strengthening powders and you'd want to follow them up with a moisturizing DC like the Aubrey's HSR instead. The moisturizing powders I use are bhringraj and hibiscus petal powders but I still follow them up with a moisturizing DC.

Hi All,

I'm super late on the pics but here we go. I actually started DCing twice a week at the end of October 08. I won't use it as a starting point for this challenge but I posted the pic anyway b/c it's a true testament to what a difference DCing can make (IMO anyways). My hair is healthier and getting thicker everytime I DC.

This is my Oct 31 pic:

Hairjourneybegins10-31-08.jpg

This is my January pic (what I will use as a starting point for this challenge):
1-11-09.jpg

I'll update monthly. Happy Hair Growing Ladies!

ETA: ummm sorry for GINORMOUS pic size :ohwell:

Uhmmm, I can't see your pics.

Thanks, ya I'm a poo lover too but I'm thinking of making the switch. Right now I poo every other day, same time I DC.

Hi Chameleonchick, it's not necessary to shampoo your hair everytime you DC, especially if you are DC'ing every 2 or 3 days. I would shampoo my hair maybe once a week and still DC 2-3 times a week.

I am sitting here with some Keracare Humecto and a plastic cap on my head. I put the stuff on dry hair. I've been sitting for 20 minutes and I am considering getting under the dryer for 15 more. I have no intention of shampooing today. I will just rinse, moisturize and air dry.
I've been struggling with dry, snapping off hair. I bought Aphogee two step and I intend to use it sometime this weekend.

ETA: I ended up putting a layer of LeKair cholesteral over the Keracare. 1.5 hours w/o heat, .5 hours with heat. I lost a lot less hair when I rinsed.

I was just about to comment on the additio of protein to your regimen LB, you are right on track honey. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back