Dontspeakdeafeat is in Cosmo school!!!! Get it Girl...

bgsix

I just noticed the ticker in her siggy. Our very own LHCF sista is going to get the license in 9 months. I am sooo proud of you DSD for taking the leap.

Did you make an announcement or anything because I haven't seen a thread?
If there is one I am sorry if this is a repost.

DSD fotki is the very first album I came across on my journey before I actually joined the site was still lurking around.

I am sure the ladies in ATL will be well served.

Keep us posted on your journey.

That's VERY exciting news!!!! Congratulations, DSD! I know you'll make an amazing stylist/cosmetologist because you care about Hair Health first!

DSD's ablum was also one of the very first resources i used when i was a newbie. It was sooo helpful, the way she broke everything down! I printed that sucker right out and used it faithfully as my "hair bible" and guide throughout the time that i was getting together my regimen, staple products, and overall settling into my groove.

Yaaay! Her fotki was the first lhcf fotki that i saw too.

I am so glad that she is out there in the hair bizness.

Hey DSD!!

I just wanted to let you know that Pennsylvania is a GREAT state to live in, what with Philly around the corner! Just letting you know...

Way to go DSD. I saw her album MONTHS before I joined LHCF or knew it even existed. I was just looking for some pics of tree braids. One day I decided to view her other albums and it led me here. I KNOW she will be an awesome stylist. Just look at how well her braids/weaves/ self dos always turn out! The ATL will be blessed to have such a gift!

Yeah!!!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Welcome:grin: I'm glad someone else is going to cosmetology school!!!!! I just graduated from cosmo. school on 8/3/06. I've been working in the salon for the past 4 weeks and loving it:D . I've been helping women nurse their hair back to health and I've been getting nothing but great feedback. Thanks to LHCF for the past 2 years of educating me about hair!!!!

You go DSD!!!!!

Last edited:
luvlonghair said:

Welcome:grin: I'm glad someone else is going to cosmetology school!!!!! I just graduated from cosmo. school on 8/3/06. I've been working in the salon for the past 4 weeks and loving it:D . I've been helping women nurse their hair back to health and I've been getting nothing but great feedback,. thanks to LHCF for the past 2 years of educating me about hair!!!!

You go DSD!!!!!

Congrats yall doing your thing!!!

Thanks DTG!

It's something to want to take care of your hair for it to grow into a passion of wanting to help others grow out a healthier head of hair. I honestly can't see my life without doing hair anymore. This place has really educated me on how to take care of hair and grow it out long and/or healthy.

Her album was the first I saw also and is the reason I baggy, NTM, MNT, Garnier Fruits,braidouts,etc. I learned alot from her albums.:)

That's great news! Way to go, dontspeakdefeat!
3.gif

luvlonghair said:

Welcome:grin: I'm glad someone else is going to cosmetology school!!!!! I just graduated from cosmo. school on 8/3/06. I've been working in the salon for the past 4 weeks and loving it:D . I've been helping women nurse their hair back to health and I've been getting nothing but great feedback. Thanks to LHCF for the past 2 years of educating me about hair!!!!

You go DSD!!!!!

Congrats, luvlonghair!
25.gif

Congrats DSD! Wonder if there is any information offered in school not covered on this board. I have never been but this board is so well informed that I would be surprised if we don't have it here!! lol lol!!

Best of luck! I'm sure you were at the head of the class from day one given your extensive and informative photo album!!!

that's whats's up!!!! - I can't wait to go back to finish what I started. I actually completed the bogus basic course and never got my license. Then i worked in the"field" with the little basic knowledge I had. All that spelled for me was DISASTER and NEW JOB.

But when your heart and desire and God given talent and ability is in something you have no where to go but up. I wish you all the best girl. You will be verry verry verry successful in Jesus name!

Congratulations DSD!!!! You will do great!!!!

DSD's album was also the first album that I viewed when joining LHCF.

Congrats DSD - I'm sure that you're going to be a success in your journey. Stay strong and may God bless.

aprilj

great, Keep us posted on your progress, It would be great to have a hirdresser that you can count on I dont have to be nerves going to. Can't wait. Goood luck:D

bgsix said:
I just noticed the ticker in her siggy. Our very own LHCF sista is going to get the license in 9 months. I am sooo proud of you DSD for taking the leap.

Did you make an announcement or anything because I haven't seen a thread?
If there is one I am sorry if this is a repost.

DSD fotki is the very first album I came across on my journey before I actually joined the site was still lurking around.

I am sure the ladies in ATL will be well served.

Keep us posted on your journey.
OMG, this is so touching. You sisters won't anyone keep anything on the low low;) Yes, I am in cosmetology school. I go to Paul Mitchell the School here in Atlanta. This school is awesome and the owner of the school, Scott Cole, is a world known hairstylist. He is actually one of the best in the world. He comes in a does classes on a regular basis.

I have been in school for about 2 weeks and already I have had so many "aha" moments. Things that used to take me forever to do now come so simple because I know the proper technique for it. Any person who has gone through a cosmetology program has gone through a lot of hard work and training and I commend anyone who completes the course and becomes licensed.

I will take the knowledge from training at cos school and combine it with the knowledge I have gained here and become one bad *** hair stylists.:grin:

I would be more than happy to share my journey with you all. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Thanks everyone for all your support and well wishes. That really means a lot. May God Bless!:)

DSD was the one who led me to LHCF with her black hair tips. DSD, you will be an awesome pro:eek:

Please keep us posted. We want to be your cheering squad:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Back