Don't sleep on white stylists (long)

Hey Webby,

The hairdresser that I went to last week said the same thing about using too much protein. Maybe we are using too much. Something to think about.

Glad you had a good experience.

MeccaMedinah said:
Great info!! :up: There is a white stylist on here & I have seen him recommend Matrix products too.
On the board?! A real live MEMBER :shocked:

Please get that man to come out of hiding...I have questions (pulling out my notepad)

PhonyBaloney500 said:
When you asked for a dusting, did you say "dust my hair" and tell them how much to take off? :)
I usually ask for a "dusting" and if they look perplexed, I specify that I want about 1/4 of an inch taken on off...no more than what is required to remove the bad ends.

The stylist that I went to on Friday, will definitely be a keeper :up:

LadyR said:
Hey Webby,

The hairdresser that I went to last week said the same thing about using too much protein. Maybe we are using too much. Something to think about.

Glad you had a good experience.
Funny thing is ...Is that a black hair stylist told me years old that too much protein is bad. stuff like Aphogee can really dry your hair out to the breaking point. He recommended only doing protein like once a month or every other month.

I was read hair rules last night and the author loves Cholestral!!
http://www.hairrules.com/hairrules.htm

You can find copies of his book on www.amazon.com for like $4

JamericanGurl said:
Funny thing is ...Is that a black hair stylist told me years old that too much protein is bad. stuff like Aphogee can really dry your hair out to the breaking point. He recommended only doing protein like once a month or every other month.

Ohhh, thank you. I'll have to snatch up a copy for me and my mum. :up:

webby said:
Ohhh, thank you. I'll have to snatch up a copy for me and my mum. :up:
oh well while you are on Amazon.com look for this book Textured Tresses. I like that one even better!

Here's some excerts from Hair Rules
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0375761306/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-9679062-7125632#reader-link

Here's My Favorite Book:
0743235509.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hmmmm, Jamericangurl, I have been eyeing the textured tresses book. Can you give me the scoop on why it's your favorite book?

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Hmmmm, Jamericangurl, I have been eyeing the textured tresses book. Can you give me the scoop on why it's your favorite book?
It's very detailed and offers you step by step instructions.

How do you ask for a white stylist to do your hair? And then out of all of them in the shop, how do you find the right one. The last time I went for a "dusting" in a white shop, they ended up giving me to a Black lady who cut off an inch of my hair. :mad: Can anyone recommend a good white salon/stylist in the DC area?

imani97 said:
How do you ask for a white stylist to do your hair?
Well, I go to an all white salon (there is one african girl there - she's not bad either). I usually tell them I want a "dry dusting/trim" I also find that I get MUCH BETTER RESULTS from women who have long hair themselves.

The woman that gave me my recent advice and info has very long, color treated hair. So, she knew exactly what I meant when I said trim. There was hardly any hair on the floor.

Is there a Holiday Hair or Cost Cutters in DC. That's the type of salon I go to for trims. Except this time, I went with wet hair.

webby said:
Well, I go to an all white salon (there is one african girl there - she's not bad either). I usually tell them I want a "dry dusting/trim" I also find that I get MUCH BETTER RESULTS from women who have long hair themselves.

The woman that gave me my recent advice and info has very long, color treated hair. So, she knew exactly what I meant when I said trim. There was hardly any hair on the floor.

Is there a Holiday Hair or Cost Cutters in DC. That's the type of salon I go to for trims. Except this time, I went with wet hair.

No. There isn't a Holiday Hair or Cost Cutter in the DC area. There are other chain salons though that I can try. I guess I'll go to one in my neighborhood.

webby said:
So...webby's regimen has officially changed. I'll keep you all posted, if you're interested.

I'm definitely interested! Keep us posted! I want to know how you like the new products...

Prince3 said:
Do I get this olive oil treatment from Regis salons?
You can get them at Regis salons, or try to find a place that sells them. For instance, I bought them at Holiday Hair, another chain salon.

JamericanGurl said:

I just ordered my copy :up:

webby said:
Regis Design Line: Olive Oil Treatment, which contains shampoo, conditioner and a hair masque (she said is a protein, but ultra light) $19.99 for the trio

Matrix Biolage Fortifying Shampoo - 33.8 oz $18.95
Matrix Fortifying Conditioner - 16 oz $20.95
Matrix Fortifying Leave-in Treatment (spray) 8 oz $12.95
Alas, here's a review of these products.

Matrix Biolage Fortifying Shampoo - Great lather, but left my hair somewhat stiff and I had to be extra careful detangling. When I use this again, I'll use it first and use CON for the second lather.

Matrix Fortifying Conditioner - Very good. It left my hair smooth, bouncy and soooooft.

Matrix Fortifying Leave-in Treatment (spray) - Not bad, but not my favorite. As I figured, liquid leave-ins are just not my thing. In the future, I'll use this to spray on my ends just before I wrap my hair around the rollers.

I used this to wash my hair this evening:
Olive Oil Treatment shampoo - Not bad. Great lather, wonderful aroma (note: used CON for second shampoo).

Olive Oil Treatment hair masque - This is a rather thick, creme that is applied to the ends of hair, avoid roots. I left it on for 15 minutes, as instructed and then rinsed out. I could tell immediately that it was going to be good for my hair, as it seemed to instantly make my ends feel soft and sleek.

Olive Oil Treatment conditioner - I didn't have to use this, but I like to use a rinse to detangle my hair while in the shower, so I figured...great time to test it. It was pretty good; I was able to easily comb through wet hair. This is a thick conditioner...I was impressed with the fact that a little went a long way.

Ultimately, I think that if I can buy the masque separately, I will definitely repurchase it. The end results left my hair as shiney, sleek, manageable as if I had just gotten it touched-up. My ends looked like they had been freshly cut and there was SO MUCH SHINE!

It's a keeper :up: :up: :up: :up:

Ummm...Web.....u killed me with the follow up poos with CON....

why not just use...CON?

I'm complexed right now...lol....

is the poo supposed to be a clarifier or summin...

MonaLisa said:
Ummm...Web.....u killed me with the follow up poos with CON....

why not just use...CON?

I'm complexed right now...lol....

is the poo supposed to be a clarifier or summin...
Yep...I use the regular poo as a clarifier. I HAVE to end with CON, or my hair ends up tangled (besided...I gotta use up my stash - results of being a PJ :cry: )

webby said:
Yep...I use the regular poo as a clarifier. I HAVE to end with CON, or my hair ends up tangled (besided...I gotta use up my stash - results of being a PJ :cry: )

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..okay....got it girl. Thanks for the...clarification...

get it...clarifier..clarification.

Oh forgit it.

Back