Don't sleep on WGO!!!!!

I just started using WGO this week. was desperate for something to help me with my stretch. 12 weeks post and trying to make it to 16 for the first time and this stuff is amazing. makes new growth really soft. I had given up and made the appointment for touch up but after trying this I have cancelled the appointment and actually think I'll make it using this oil.

Im using this on my "gum" spot that caused me to cut a chucnk of my hair a few months back. I m hoping that the oil and some surge will help it catch up with the rest of my hair. The smell doesnt bother me either.

SleekandBouncy said:
Wild growth oil is AMAZING!!!!!!!
It is unlike any oil I've used before, it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it clumpy and greezzy. It absorbs and leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny, I had no breakage back then, I flat ironed and blow dried every weekend plus had highlights. I had to stop using it as some of the ladies might remember from my old posts, my boss thought someone wasn't bathing in the office or a homeless person was living there, it turns out he was smelling my hair! :( I wish there were some way I could make it smell nice.

Lawd, have mercy! I remember that post. That was an oldie but a goodie! :lachen:

I love WGO and strangely enough, the smell doesn't bother me. I use it predominately on wet hair, so perhaps that lessens the smell. I put some on dry hair last night before bunning my hair and when I took the bun down this morning, I did detect the WGO smell. So perhaps I'll stick with just using it after washing on damp hair. I want to start putting in on my new growth too as it's starting to come in now. :rolleyes:

carolina_belle said:
I "cut" my Surge with WGO. I mix it in a bottle with a pointed applicator tip. It really works wonders and helps with the dryness. It could be the reason I didn't have any of the negative effects of Surge like peeling and scabs.

I also added WGO along with peppermint and rosemary EO to my surge a few weeks after I started using it and I must say that I noticed the difference. It really helped with the dryness. The smell never really bothered me, but the other day I gave MN a try and mixed WGO in it and my boyfriend was like "what is that smell?" he said that it was nauseating :look: . So I haven't been using it lately. But I will continue using it on my scalp after every wash and will start using it every other day once I'm off the "Hide your hair til' Christmas challenge." I have to say that it did make my new growth soft.

Ya'll are cracking me up on this one!! I used WGO a longgg time ago but I don't remember being bothered by the smell but I also don't remember it doing anything for my hair. I'm going to get it today and see wuz up again. It'll be worth the investment to get my hairline back to normal.

lav123 said:
I have tried WGHO before and it works well but I can't get over the smell. The smell is less when I use it in my freshly washed, wet hair. Whenever I use it at nights on my dry hair, my scarf and pillow smells terrible.

I think it smells like Wishtischire (SP??) sauce, you know the sauce you marinate steak in before putting it on the grill??:lol:

Maybe it doesn't cause wild growth, but this oil flat out tames some naps:grin: I am 9 wks post, I condish with Silk Elements Cholesterol, applied Loreal Mermade as a leave in and topped it with a little WGO. Talk about moist! I could go another 9 weeks if my hair continues to feel smooth and soft like this!!!

YEAH it is the truth!! I've used it for years before coming to LHCF and it's what got me from chin length to collar bone length that year. But now, I've learned to use sulfur powder mix in it and it's really increased my growth rate. And WGO seemed to always be the oil that I came back to when all else failed.

I bought my first bottle at Sally's last night. I already have a ton of oils I use for sealing, but I figured I'd give this one a try, since it can also help soften tough new growth. I used a tiny bit a few minutes ago to seal in my moisturizer. My hair is super shiny and soft already! And I dig the "curry" smell, but I may add some oils to it so as not to offend my friends and co-workers.:look:

I love WGHO! I have been singing it's praises since I bought and used it a month or so ago. I can't believe it took me so long to try it. What made me change my mind were the testimonials on their website; hundreds of testimonials... I am glad I did. I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago.

Glad to see so many that love it too!;)

Bought a bottle this afternoon. I went to the BSS because I ran out of a staple (ORS Mayo) walked out with this too. My first PJ relapse - :perplexed

I'm back to using WGHO, I love it! I used to just use it only on my hair and it made it soft and shiny. Now I use it on my scalp because I wanna see if it will promote and increase in hair growth thats soft & shiny.

Back