Don't sleep on WGO!!!!!

I have tried WGHO before and it works well but I can't get over the smell. The smell is less when I use it in my freshly washed, wet hair. Whenever I use it at nights on my dry hair, my scarf and pillow smells terrible.

I haven't tried this yet but I have been admiring my MTG and way back when surge. This should be next on my growth aides list...hmmm has anyone had anu look with this product on their temple?

uofmpanther said:
I love WGO! I have found that drops of Jasmine cover up the smell nicely. I bought Jasmine Absolute in Jojoba Oil from Whole Foods and just kept adding drops until it smelled good. :lol:

I'm gonna have to try the Jasmine drops cuz WGO alone smells horrible!!!

Another weirdo here. I like the smell of wgo! LOL! It has an herbal curry smell that I sort of like. Wouldn't cover my body in it, but a few drops on my head doesn't bother me at all.

I love oiling my scalp with it. After the last set of combcoils I did yesterday, I oiled in between each coil and sat under a warm dryer for a bit to let the coils set and the oil sink into my scalp.

You can also dilute the whole bottle by half if the smell bothers you. Fill the other half up with more olive oil (or another oil of your choice). I then add orange essential oil, rosemary and sage. I do this to stretch the bottle, not to cover the smell. I did however, notice that the orange notes dominate through this method.

P1

Can anyone tell me how much this stuff costs at Sally's? I'm in desperate need of a scalp oil from this hot n dry as H*ll office...not to mention the Boston winter!

TIA!

aileendq said:
Can anyone tell me how much this stuff costs at Sally's? I'm in desperate need of a scalp oil from this hot n dry as H*ll office...not to mention the Boston winter!

TIA!

Between $7.50 and $7.99

Peachtree said:
I'm gonna have to try the Jasmine drops cuz WGO alone smells horrible!!!

Hahah...I TRIED....quite a few times to give WGO a shot, but couldn't get passed the smell :-( I'm glad it's working wonders for some of you though!

Last edited:
I believe in the WGO it helped me a lot a long time ago. I only really use it with my braids it is very absorbent my scalp just eats this stuff up and it made my relaxed hair very soft. Right now I am all about MTG with my braids so WGO has taken a back seat sometimes I mix WGO and MTG together.

ClassiMami:

This is OT, but who the guy in the pic with the woman hanging onto him? It's driving me nuts! he look SO familiar! I can't place whether he is an actor or a singer....Help me out!

TIA!

i use it and love it. i also use the mtg.

cece22 said:
I believe in the WGO it helped me a lot a long time ago. I only really use it with my braids it is very absorbent my scalp just eats this stuff up and it made my relaxed hair very soft. Right now I am all about MTG with my braids so WGO has taken a back seat sometimes I mix WGO and MTG together.

I MIX MY WGO WITH KERACARE HEADRESS AS MY DAILY MOISTURIZER AND I LUUUUUUV IT! I HAVE NOT HAD DRY HAIR SINCE. WGO ALONE SOFTENS MY NEWGROWTH LIKE NOTHING ELSE HAS.

i tried wgo for the first time and i must say that i love it already. i actually like the smell.:lol: i used it on dry hair and my hair felt so soft and moisterized. i didn't apply it to my scalp...instead i used dr. miracle growth oil on my scalp and massaged it in and my scalp felt like it was tingling! i'm hoping that the increased circulation of blood to my scalp will lead to more growth...who knows why i mixed the 2 products:look:

Peachtree said:
I recently purchased WGO. I used a small dot of a speck on a tiny bit of hair... the smell was HORRIBLE!!!

I guess I'll get back around to using it... once i find something to kill the scent... (I'm thinking of adding peppermint oil)
Peppermint oil worked for me!

I hate the smell of it but I do have some peppermint oil at home.

I use mine and I really really love it! I tolerate the smell because what it's doing for my hair.

I have learned through trial and era that I like it better on dry hair.

**I am Going to use that peppermint and maybe even some rosemary oil in mine!**

I paid 7.99 for mine at Sally's but I have seen this at Beuty Suppy Stores also.

Wild growth oil is AMAZING!!!!!!!
It is unlike any oil I've used before, it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it clumpy and greezzy. It absorbs and leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny, I had no breakage back then, I flat ironed and blow dried every weekend plus had highlights. I had to stop using it as some of the ladies might remember from my old posts, my boss thought someone wasn't bathing in the office or a homeless person was living there, it turns out he was smelling my hair! :( I wish there were some way I could make it smell nice.

.......I was doing so well to restrain myself from PJ relapse....

Helps hair growth & assists in air drying??? I just have to have this product!!!

Letitia said:
I hate the smell of it but I do have some peppermint oil at home.

I use mine and I really really love it! I tolerate the smell because what it's doing for my hair.

I have learned through trial and era that I like it better on dry hair.

**I am Going to use that peppermint and maybe even some rosemary oil in mine!**

I paid 7.99 for mine at Sally's but I have seen this at Beuty Suppy Stores also.

Okay ladies. I added some peppermint and Rosemary EO in my WGO and it smells sooo good! I wish I would have done this a month ago!!
*I also added a little EVO and Almond Oil as Carrier oils for the EO.*

SleekandBouncy said:
Wild growth oil is AMAZING!!!!!!!
It is unlike any oil I've used before, it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it clumpy and greezzy. It absorbs and leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny, I had no breakage back then, I flat ironed and blow dried every weekend plus had highlights. I had to stop using it as some of the ladies might remember from my old posts, my boss thought someone wasn't bathing in the office or a homeless person was living there, it turns out he was smelling my hair! :( I wish there were some way I could make it smell nice.

I remember that post. Hilarious!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I rarely use it. WGO does wonders for my hair, but the smell, the smell...:( It makes me really self-conscious, because I am sure everyone that comes close to me thinks I stink up to high heaven. DH tries to be patient when he lays next to me, but I can tell the smell bothers him too.

Jessy55 said:
I remember that post. Hilarious!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I rarely use it. WGO does wonders for my hair, but the smell, the smell...:( It makes me really self-conscious, because I am sure everyone that comes close to me thinks I stink up to high heaven. DH tries to be patient when he lays next to me, but I can tell the smell bothers him too.

Add some EO oils. I used peppermint and Rosemary. Smell is gone!
I loved Jessy55 post also. Too darn funny!

I "cut" my Surge with WGO. I mix it in a bottle with a pointed applicator tip. It really works wonders and helps with the dryness. It could be the reason I didn't have any of the negative effects of Surge like peeling and scabs.

Back