Dominican Shampoos...

dreamgurl

I've read on the board that Dominican shampoos can be very harsh for the hair. Has this been the case for everyone whose purchased their shampoos? If not, could you please give some feedback on which ones are safe to use that are not too drying? Thanks

Nacidit Olive Oil, Henna Queen Garlic (it's stinks, though) and Rysell Coconut shampoos are gentle. The other Dom. poos I've tried were fairly drying.

/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Hi twin webby...I suppose since everyone is raving so much about other products they've used from the Dominican line and because I'm wanting to place an order really soon at sickbay.biz. I'm trying to be somewhat consistent with one line, if I can help it, you know? Oh, and the price for a huge sized bottle is not bad either. /images/graemlins/look.gif It's kind of a toss up between their shampoos and the AO line of shampoos. Any advice?

Thanks Sassy,

I was kind of eyeballing that Rysell coconut shampoo...I love love me some coconut smelling...umm, well, anything. I'm a coconut fanatic...haven't found that sweet smelling coconut oil yet. One I recently bought smells like /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif...well, I dunno...not coconut. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

I would definitely opt for AO poos over the DR poos. I have the Nacidit Avocado poo, which seemed to be okay in terms of ingredients, but it's like a clarifier if I poo more than once. I use it sparingly or when I travel (b/c it's the only thing I have that isn't liter sized!). But I only poo once. It's like Prell or Pert, more gel-like. Not creamy at all. My hair is a little drier than usual, but not terribly so and I follow it w/the rinse rather than the conditioning cream, so that could be the reason as well. I wouldn't make it my staple poo, but I don't think it's so horrid that it couldn't be used sparingly.

I tried the 10 EN 1 Shampoo last year and was too harsh for my hair and very drying.
The Nacidit Olive is just Okay nothing to brag about.

I just ordered the 10 en 1 and the Capisol Sole & Cinnamon shampoos. Sounds like I'm in for a rough trip....

I bought the 10 n 1 shampoo and haven't even used it, I put it on the trade/sale board and I guess no one wanted it, gotta figure out who I can pass it on to, cause I don't want it anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely opt for AO poos over the DR poos. I have the Nacidit Avocado poo, which seemed to be okay in terms of ingredients, but it's like a clarifier if I poo more than once. I use it sparingly or when I travel (b/c it's the only thing I have that isn't liter sized!). But I only poo once. It's like Prell or Pert, more gel-like. Not creamy at all. My hair is a little drier than usual, but not terribly so and I follow it w/the rinse rather than the conditioning cream, so that could be the reason as well. I wouldn't make it my staple poo, but I don't think it's so horrid that it couldn't be used sparingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto to this...I have the same experience w/ the Nacidit Aguacate poo...it acts like a clarifier on my hair. My hair does not feel stripped or tangled afterwards though, so it's a keeper for me.

Back