Dominican Salon in Hampton/Newport News

JessCNU

Hi ladies.... I'm not sure if anybody else has been looking for one but I have searched for a long time now to find a Dominican salon in my area. I just ran into some luck and wanted to post the link in case anybody near me was looking for one too. I haven't been here yet so this is NOT a recommendation. I just wanted to see if anybody had heard of this place or just wanted to give the info to folks who may be looking!

http://monicahairsalon.com/home.nxg

My friend went yesterday and her hair turned out great.- she is relaxed and its been a while since she had one- her hair looked really good- made me do a double take. 20 on mon and wed- they charge 3 dollars if you use your own conditioner for a deep conditioner. her hair normally looks dry but it was really pretty. i was impressed- i may have to give it a try myself-she did say the blow dryer was HOT though but we all know that.
HTH

I live in the Hampton Roads, too, and I found this thread by Googling for a Dominican salon in the area.

Anyone else have any experiences? I'm a Dominican hair salon virgin lol, so I'm still trying to find one!

I live in the Hampton Roads, too, and I found this thread by Googling for a Dominican salon in the area.

Anyone else have any experiences? I'm a Dominican hair salon virgin lol, so I'm still trying to find one!

its one in norfolk i been to twice and they do a really good job its called elegante off military highway!!!! $20 on mondays and $5 student discounts

Holler Hampton Roads Ladies,

Yes, I went to Monica's and they know the routine. Its best to go during the week and call it a day. At that time, the stylist stated my hair was so soft, which now I know, needed some protein. My dubbie came out nice.

creolesugarface

You also might try going to Hair Elegance on Route 17, J. Clyde Morris. The stylist is Yudy. She's Dominican and has been doing my hair for over five years. She's also from NYC. 757 597-7745 Ask for Yudy, please pass on Towana recommended. Let me know how it goes. :)

Simone

Last edited:
its one in norfolk i been to twice and they do a really good job its called elegante off military highway!!!! $20 on mondays and $5 student discounts

Co-signing on Elegante!! They opened during my senior year at Norfolk State and they do a really good job! I went there until I graduated....

Back