dominican salon discovery

aregee

i took my daughter (4a) to the dominican salon last night. i finally got a chance to see what products they use. how disappointed was i to discover that they use regular ol products on our hair! all this time i thought they were using some magical dominican products!! on a brighter note, i guess i can stop my search for dominican hair products since they obviously are no better for MY hair than the stuff i already use.
nono.gif

my daughters hair came out very nicely. she has sooooo much self-inflicted damage to her hair that it took away from the look, but overall it was worth the twenty bucks!
smile.gif

Happy her hair came out nicely
smile.gif
. I know that our area Dominican salon uses a mix of 'regular' products as well as the Dominican standards. I'm so happy I tried the Dominican products, b/c I learned my hair's nationality finally!! It's Dominican!!!
laugh.gif
I wish I had asked it sooner! B/c it really responds well to Dominican products and is feeling and looking better than ever.
smile.gif
I thought it was well hydrated before, but I was mistaken, that was just the oils on top of it. It's moist & soft until wash day now.

laugh.gif
I think my hair is Dominican too! I've had similar results in the health of my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Happy her hair came out nicely
smile.gif
. I know that our area Dominican salon uses a mix of 'regular' products as well as the Dominican standards. I'm so happy I tried the Dominican products, b/c I learned my hair's nationality finally!! It's Dominican!!!
laugh.gif
I wish I had asked it sooner! B/c it really responds well to Dominican products and is feeling and looking better than ever.
smile.gif
I thought it was well hydrated before, but I was mistaken, that was just the oils on top of it. It's moist & soft until wash day now.

[/ QUOTE ]

How funny!
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
I guess that means that MY hair's nationality is "STRAIGHT ZULU" because my hair lately seems to respond to nothing! What Dominican products in particular are you using, Sengschick?

[ QUOTE ]
aregee said:
i took my daughter (4a) to the dominican salon last night. i finally got a chance to see what products they use. how disappointed was i to discover that they use regular ol products on our hair! all this time i thought they were using some magical dominican products!! on a brighter note, i guess i can stop my search for dominican hair products since they obviously are no better for MY hair than the stuff i already use.
nono.gif

my daughters hair came out very nicely. she has sooooo much self-inflicted damage to her hair that it took away from the look, but overall it was worth the twenty bucks!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have read my mind because I was ranting to my aunt about this very same topic. I ended up looking on the bright side and thinking that means I don't have to spend big bucks on salon products for my hair to look good and be healthy. Also I pay $15 for my wash and sets so I guess I can't really ask for much.

@Queenie: See who knew?!
laugh.gif

@BH:
laugh.gif
and it's nothing wrong w/that! Girl, I know some Zulu's let me call and find a distributor!
lachen70.gif

I'm using Nacidit Avocado. I bought the poo & conditioner. I don't poo often, but when I do it doesn't strip my hair, yet it feels minty fresh. And I can't applaud the conditioner enough. I need to get the rinse for occassions when I need something light and fast (aka don't feel like sitting for 20 mins!). I'm also devoted to Lacio Lacio which understands my Dominican hair like no other!
kissing4.gif
laugh.gif

I'm glad your daughters hair turned out ok with the dominican salon. I'm not sure of all the products my dominican salon uses but I'm more so impressed at the way my hair looks when I leave the shop.

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
What kind of damage does she have? Does she have a perm?
I'm glad you had a positive experience.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i gave her a touch-up UNDER PROTEST, i must add. (her aunts have been relaxing her hair without my permission, but thats another story) she is 14 and was determined to relax it herself, so if i didn't do it, no telling could have happened! anyway, i was very careful. she is sooo bad to her hair. she rips rat tail combs through it, sews in her own tracks (she used to glue it), she uses way too much black gel, she uses rubber bands, i don't think she even uses conditioner.
shocked.gif
all of these things break my heart when i try so hard to give her good hair advice and give her access to all of the products that i use. you know how teenagers are...parents don't know squat. it was a huge step just getting her to agree to go to the salon. she wanted to buy more hair with that $20.
smile.gif

LOL.... wow, aregee! She should be thankful to have such a caring mother as yourself!

She'll learn.

(that's funny: "she wanted to buy more hair w/that $20)
laugh.gif

I don't know what my hair is exactly, lol, but it loves dominican and natural products unlike any other stuff I have ever tried. Lord knows I have tried some stuff! My favorite dominican product is Miss Keys' Aloe Vera and Avocado extra treatment. I notice it doesn't get much discussion here on the board, but out of all my dominican products, this treats my hair the best. It is a fabulous deep conditioner and I will never be without it.

I am hooked on domincan products too I have tried quite a few just need to find a dominican salon.

I take my own products (that way I know what's being used on my hair).
smile.gif

Like Labett, I too am hooked on Dominican products (conditioners).

Back