Dominican Relaxers

buttafly said:
Has anyone ever used Dominican relaxers? If so, what were your results?

I have used them in the past when I was younger. They are extremely strong and I would not recomend to use it if u self relax. I got major burns for Dominican relaxers. There are many other products like Affirm, Elucence, etc. that are way better and moisturizing too. :)

HTH
Miosy

Thanks for your response. I am thinking about switching relaxers and these looked interesting. Now I know to stay far away!

i used a relaxer called velvetexx.i liked it it gave me good shine and bounce.It wasnt the best i ever used it did take well with my color rinse.Also I had a stylist apply it for me.I'm not sure how strong it was but i know it didnt burn at all.I have 3c/4a hair and it gave me no damage.

I just did a search on sickbay.biz and saw that they do sell a few relaxers, thanks for the link, Chinagem. :) They sell Nacidit, Miss Key and Noruel relaxers. Like Buttafly, I'm also curious to see if anyone has had an experience with any of these or other Dominican relaxers.

Stylists have used dominican relaxers in my hair before. They straighten hair just as well as any other relaxer. I think that they are strong. I don't think that they are as good as American relaxers IMO. When I lived in Sto Domingo, I noticed that they sold a lot of American relaxers in the stores and those seemed to be the preferred type of relaxers down there. They liked motions, etc. Hope this helps.

What a great thread. I was wondering this same question when I was on sickbay.

Brownsugar23, you have great hair. :)

Back