Dominican Blowout DVD

Does anyone know of a Dominican Blowout Dvd that I could purchase. One that would show you how to do your own dominican blowouts? I saw that mycherieamor has a dvd but it seems like it's just roller setting.

Thanks ;-)

IMO...if it's not done by a dominican or someone trained in the method, then it's just a roller set and blowout.

It seems like it would be difficult for a person to do this technique on their own hair. Either you won't get it straight enough or you will seriously use to much heat.

Let us know if you attempt it. I would love to learn how to do this but am really doubtful it would come out good. I'm already defeated. :lol:

ETA: Ooohhh I found a video of a woman doing her own blowout. Just maybe I can do this. This is the results of her blowout tutorial.

ETA: I'm back again. This is her rollerset video. I had to watch all of them with the sound off. I'm at work.:look: But I'm excited to try it.

Last edited:
Those videos are excellent! and that's exactly how they do in the salons. I have been doing my own hair for a while now..... I was normally going just for touch ups and the maintenance I would do myself.

My results have been fine for me. Most recently I have begun doing my own touch ups.....I do miss the salon at times ( for the sheer pleasure of having someone else deal with my hair but, the blowouts would definitely make my hair flatter than when I did it myself.

Practice, practice, practice is all I have to add.....it doesn't happen overnight and make sure you have all the tools you need.

Right size brush

protective spray, cream or serum whatever you hair works well with,

hairdryer with nozzle ( very important, concentrates the heat so its aiming exactly where you want it to go.)

Clips, claws

patience:look:

strong arms:grin:

enough time to do it right:yep:

Good luck

Those videos are excellent! and that's exactly how they do in the salons. I have been doing my own hair for a while now..... I was normally going just for touch ups and the maintenance I would do myself.

My results have been fine for me. Most recently I have begun doing my own touch ups.....I do miss the salon at times ( for the sheer pleasure of having someone else deal with my hair but, the blowouts would definitely make my hair flatter than when I did it myself.

Practice, practice, practice is all I have to add.....it doesn't happen overnight and make sure you have all the tools you need.

Right size brush

hairdryer with nozzle ( very important, concentrates the heat so its aiming exactly where you want it to go.)

Clips, claws

Good luck

Great tips, thanks for posting them.

Right size brush

Clips, claws

Good luck

I can't wait to try next month.:yep:

It seems like it would be difficult for a person to do this technique on their own hair. Either you won't get it straight enough or you will seriously use to much heat.

Let us know if you attempt it. I would love to learn how to do this but am really doubtful it would come out good. I'm already defeated. :lol:

ETA: Ooohhh I found a video of a woman doing her own blowout. Just maybe I can do this. This is the results of her blowout tutorial.

ETA: I'm back again. This is her rollerset video. I had to watch all of them with the sound off. I'm at work.:look: But I'm excited to try it.

She is one of my favorite youtubers. :up:

I think product is the main ingredient because the hair is amazing just after the rollerset BEFORE the blowout. Whatever thy are using for the rollerset is key. If only I knew what that was...

Back