Does your stylist wash/sanitize inbetween clients

Does your stylist wash/sanitize their hands?

• No. He/she does not wash and I don't mind.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes. He/she does wash and I think it's very professional.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No. He/she does not wash but I wish they would.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Yes. He/she does wash but I don't care either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would be more worried about whether they sanitized their tools or not. I've been with my friend to her hair salon and I just sit down next to her to keep her company and I've seen some stylist have a long detangling session with someone, pull the hair out of the comb and put it back in the drawer. That was not cool.

I have neer noticed a hair dresses that sanitized in between clients. It's kind of dangerous though to not do this because what if the lcient before had a ring worm or etc?

I wish my stylist did..seems more professional. Im sure that they wash combs, brushes, etc after each use.

There are supposed to. I bet if state board paid them a visit they would be washing their tools, placing it in Barbicide, and putting a neck strip around your neck before they place any form of cape on you....like they were taught in school.

I know the tools are clean. I've never seen my stylist wash or sanitize his hands but I don't know that there is a real threat of transferring anything. The shampoo girl does both the shampoo and blow dry. The way I see it, the hair is already clean when it gets to him. I never thought about ringworm though. I think my stylist would refuse service to someone with an obvious scalp issue that required professional (medical) attention.

My stylist does... but I was just thinking about this when I was getting my hair braided at a African Braiding Shop and this girl took a break and was eating a breakfast sandwich and immediately came to finish my hair, not to mention I went to the bathroom and asked for soap and they didn't have any in the whole facility. I won't be going back there again.

Back