Does Your So

to answer the question

I find things that are too routine.. kind of boring..

a text just to sya you're home is weird.. but texts to tell me funny stories about your day or frustrations etc.. are cool.. they often coincide with movements... so I get the check in as well

There may be something about the texts that you can't quite put your finger on. The ongoing texts may be triggering something in your gut. Not sure if I'm making sense. Just something to think about ...

Maybe. It irks me... I feel like replying "do you want a cookie for that?" but that's mean and I'm probably being irrational... Maybe if he switches it up but it's like a copy and paste message at every day around 4pm

Yeah and I appreciate that text. If I don't then I know something is wrong. There were 2 times he didn't text me and both times he was in the ER so yeah I need that text.

I understand but the odd day he doesn't I assume that he had a late meeting or ran the odd errand and I'm usually right.

I understand....we've been doing it for so long it doesn't bother me it's just part of my day. My husband has hard to control asthma so if I don't hear from him I get nervous.

I understand all of that but a txt every day at 4pm saying "babe I'm home" is annoying. I can't even pretend :lol:

They have staggered hours so he gets in earlier. Honestly I think he could be making better use of his free time but....

If you don't mind me asking what do you want him to do in his free time? Just curious.

Dh and I always text to make sure each other got to work ok. That's just us.

If you don't mind me asking what do you want him to do in his free time? Just curious.

Dh and I always text to make sure each other got to work ok. That's just us.

He's young and he's a man. With that much free time he could be working on a side business, going to the gym, furthering his education/studying. All the things I'm doing in my free time :lol:. You're not going to be young forever, capitalize on it now.

But I try not to nit pick...

eta: We text each other during the day. Around now there would be complete silence then "babe I'm home" :dazed:

He's young and he's a man. With that much free time he could be working on a side business, going to the gym, furthering his education/studying. All the things I'm doing in my free time :lol:. You're not going to be young forever, capitalize on it now.

But I try not to nit pick...

eta: We text each other during the day. Around now there would be complete silence then "babe I'm home" :dazed:
So, this is really about his productivity and ambition, not his text messages?

So, this is really about his productivity and ambition, not his text messages?

Nah it's about the text messages. He's ambitious enough for my liking. I don't expect everyone to go hard like I do. If he was a bum... well this relationship wouldn't have existed in the first place lol. At least this conversation would make me feel less annoyed at 4... hopefully :lol:

Nope we have a routine. SO calls me on my way into work, I call at lunch time, he calls when he gets off which also happens to be while I'm on my way home. I know down to the minute around what time he'll be calling.

We speak off and on all day. I love it! I take the RR and let hin know what train I'm taking home. We text, share jokes, how the day is going, what we ate or will eat. Sometimes we FT just to make faces. Sounds like a lot, but I love me some him.

We have this thing that when one of us doesn't hear from the other for longer than usual , the other will shoot a text like, "I'm sorry your fingers have cramps." Just our way of being arses, LOL!

I'm only annoyed if I'm not in love. OP, do you think he is the one for you? You seem dubious.

Hmmm...I like to be in touch so yes, we check in regularly after work especially since we see each other often.
Doesn't annoy me one bit, I'm nosey #wherebaeat (hehe, I like hashtags)
@Itgirl OP doesn't seem into him.

I saw this wonderful movie called 5 to 7.
"An aspiring novelist enters into a relationship with a woman, though there's just one catch: She's married, and the couple can only meet between the hours of 5 and 7 each evening."
The woman explains that a 5 to 7 is code for extra marital affair because those are the hours when a person's whereabouts are the most hazy.
I was like WHAAAAAaaaaaa.....??
That movie was amazaing!

Back