Does your S/O or spouse fear you?

SilverSurfer

Does your significant other or spouse have a little healthy fear of you? I'm wondering because I often hear the saying that a man should love you more than you do him, so I'm also wondering should a man also have a little healthy fear of his woman?

I'm not talking like physical harm fear but kind of like for example, my DH would be "afraid" that if he did something wrong I'm going to flip out and he's serious. Also an other example, he might say "OMG if Silver Surfer saw this, she will go crazy" , or he may also say "I'm not trying to get fussed out by my wife" , etc and actually is sincere about it.

Sometimes inside I chuckle about it and purposely change my reaction from what he is expecting but then again sometimes I just flip out I guess lol

Any relationship based in fear is not healthy IMHO. It should be based in trust and mutual respect for one another. If you have to "fear" telling your SO anything or speaking up for yourself, then why be with them?

Yep. A little healthy fear is good for him. A man should be "scared" to hurt his woman, emotionally or otherwise...

ETA: Maybe respect is a better word to use than fear...

Last edited:
I don't have a SO/spouse, but every single person I've ever heard say something regarding their SO based on fear ends up having that issue.

I don't think men in general are too scared of their woman to do anything. Fear isn't going to keep them from doing what they want. Respect for you or themselves, love, wanting to be happy or see you happy seem like the real reasons men make good choices for their relationships.

Does your significant other or spouse have a little healthy fear of you? I'm wondering because I often hear the saying that a man should love you more than you do him, so I'm also wondering should a man also have a little healthy fear of his woman?

i'm not sure this has to do with fear more than admiration, value and an overall sense of feeling honored that the person is in your life. if a significant other is fearing doing something wrong b/c his spouse is going to be manipulative and always bring it up that may be an indication of an unhealthy relationship. he should want to treat me right because he loves to make me happy rather than fearing making me upset, if that makes sense.

Yeah although "fear" may be too strong of a word, respect is a given so based on examples, I figured most would get the gist of the topic.

I think my dh has a fear of losing me if he does anything he knows are my deal breakers. I'm not the ball busting nagging type, but I have things I will absolutely not tolerate! I don't think any man should fear you but I think he should be aware that there are always consequences to actions.

I think my dh has a fear of losing me if he does anything he knows are my deal breakers. I'm not the ball busting nagging type, but I have things I will absolutely not tolerate! I don't think any man should fear you but I think he should be aware that there are always consequences to actions.

ITA. DH knows where I stand about cheating. We have had that conversation plenty of times. I think he does have a fear of me leaving him. I know that he doesn't want me to go anywhere. So (as far as I know) he does what he needs to do in order to prevent me from leaving).

this :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Couldn't agree more !

Back