Does Your Hair Length Play Tricks on You?

NYLegalNewbie

You all know what I mean...

One day you're looking at your length and you swear up and down that you're APL or BSL or whatever.

Then the next day, it looks like it's one or two inches shorter when you stretch it!

Call me crazy (cuz i Know I am :lachen:), but does anyone else have this happen to them?

One day you're looking at your length and you swear up and down that you're APL or BSL or whatever.

Then the next day, it looks like it's one or two inches shorter when you stretch it!

Call me crazy (cuz i Know I am :lachen:), but does anyone else have this happen to them?

:lachen::lachen:It happens to me too!! One day I'm like, "Yes" :drunk:, and a few days later, I'm like, "Dang what happened :perplexed".

:lachen::lachen:It happens to me too!! One day I'm like, "Yes" :drunk:, and a few days later, I'm like, "Dang what happened :perplexed".

1.gif
Me three.

The only thing I notice is the more new growth I have the shorter my hair seems. It seems like my hair is so much shorter. When I get that touchup, I feel relieved like ahhh there my hair is. Shrinkage is a motha!

Yup. It happens to me too. WHich Is why I am always creating new goal/reveal dates just in case my hair decides to start trippin...

Yeah, yesterday I pulled at my hair to see how long it was and its like almost 3 inchs away from my goal length. I was like whoa!!! But when I get the frizz going on it looks waaay shorter.

The only thing I notice is the more new growth I have the shorter my hair seems. It seems like my hair is so much shorter. When I get that touchup, I feel relieved like ahhh there my hair is. Shrinkage is a motha!

I agree, it's baaaad

This is so me

I start gettin all like, I aint makin no progress then after a touch up its like

ahhhhhhhh

Yes girl, and I'm start to believe the folks who say it seems like forever to get from BSL/MBL to WSL. It seems like it creeping along now.

That's totally me, too, :yep: especially since, I'm transitioning and have a lot of natural hair on my head, now.

I would love to see what my true hair length is.

It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I think I can now safely claim BSL but then I look again and I'm like, am I? When stretched, my hair is touching almost the middle of my bra strap but there other times it looks just past APL. Shrinkage is MAJOR! I looked at my NG the other day after it had completely air dried and I honestly don't know how much is actually NG and how much is texlaxed, but all I know is that it's big and probably 2.5-3"! I can't wait to texlax again to see the length, but I'm loving how managable it is right now, so I'm in no hurry. Plus, I decided to do my own HYH challenge until my b-day.

yup, especially when i'm stretching. that's why i usually get mad and throw it up in a bun cuz i can't stand to look at it :mad:

Definitely. I feel your pain, girl. I'm almost 8 months post relaxer; when my hair is straightened, it falls about 2-3 inches above APL. When my new growth is in its full glory, my hair shrinks to above my shoulders!

I thought this was something that only the natural heads had to endure. I have this issue all the time. I'm like "I know my hair was aproaching waistlength yesterday. Why does it look MBL today"? I just thought it must be due to shrinkage and frizziness, because I can always temporarily stretch it out to the length I remembered (by pulling it down).

I have noticed that my hiar appears the longest and fullest on the first day that it is straightened. Every day after that it seems to look a tid bit shorter. :wallbash: I can only take update pics on wash day.

Oh my goodness--I thought I was losing it!:spinning:
It's like I'm 2 ins from bsl one moment and the next I'm short 5ins? So now I feel better that I'm not slipping. Thanks guys.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I get so upset thinking I grew my hair and it doesn't show especially when I'm showing it to others.

:lachen:

hellz yeah. I can be standing in front of the mirror be happy one second, whip out the camera and see major shrinkage less then a few seconds later. Yup that's my hair:grin:

I claimed APL now cause of the shrinkage I'm second guessing myself everytime :lachen: got me stretching my hair to make sure I'm not going crazy:yep:

I thought it was just me!

Shrinkage is a mutha. When I pull down my longest layers, they are just touching bsl. When I release the strand, it looks like it's still 2" away from the top of the bra strap. Because of this, I don't know if I can claim bsl or not.:wallbash:

IMO you can claim it because that is your actual length. Like a natural can have bsl hair stretched, but curled up it can seem to be shoulderlength (the afro) If you know your length claim it girl!!!!!

I thought it was just me!

Shrinkage is a mutha. When I pull down my longest layers, they are just touching bsl. When I release the strand, it looks like it's still 2" away from the top of the bra strap. Because of this, I don't know if I can claim bsl or not.:wallbash:

It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I think I can now safely claim BSL but then I look again and I'm like, am I? When stretched, my hair is touching almost the middle of my bra strap but there other times it looks just past APL. Shrinkage is MAJOR! I looked at my NG the other day after it had completely air dried and I honestly don't know how much is actually NG and how much is texlaxed, but all I know is that it's big and probably 2.5-3"! I can't wait to texlax again to see the length, but I'm loving how managable it is right now, so I'm in no hurry. Plus, I decided to do my own HYH challenge until my b-day.

Yes, I do this all the time...I think my hair is long somedays and others I feel like I'm back at APL...

See siggy!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Okay, all better now. I am one with my shrinkage!!!:drunk:

Say it together ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love myself and accept my shrinkage!!!!!!!!!

(Say this 1,000 times and when you are done......start over!):lachen:

Back