Does your hair grow faster during summer?

bumppppppppp...............some people it's due to increase metabolism.

I don't quite understand how this works.

I think my hair grows faster in the summer too for the same reason mari said coupled with the fact that I CANT STAND MY HAIR TOUCHING ME when its hot and humid. I guess the ponytails (protective styles) and not using heat (who wants to sit in a hot house under a dryer?!) just add to the healthy hair growing. I'm actually looking forward to the warm weather for a growth spurt...

Definitely, I bet its a combination of fact, humidity, exercise, increased washes, increased water intake

My hair loves the warm weather. I live in the south, so I think it has a lot to do with the humidity and warmth. I was still in TWA-mode in February of last year. Then when it warmed up here in March, my hair just took off in the growth department. I look at pictures from last February and a few months later, and I'm just amazed at how much growth I got during that time.

My hair and my roses grow faster in the summer - each receives the same treatment year round, but faster summer growth. I don't know why. My grandsons grow faster in summer too.

No. My hair grows the most between January and April. I think it's because I pay special attention to make sure it's moisturized and protected from the winter weather.

No. My hair grows the most between January and April. I think it's because I pay special attention to make sure it's moisturized and protected from the winter weather.
Same here. Mine seems to grow more fall/winter. Then last May, got a major cut which I needed because the ends were stringy. Not happening this year. My ends are not stringy!

My hair and my roses grow faster in the summer - each receives the same treatment year round, but faster summer growth. I don't know why. My grandsons grow faster in summer too.

Your hair doesn't grow faster...it is because of the humidity in the summer months which gives our hair MORE moisture retention. So our hair just retains more of the growth( more moisture= less breakage). This happens to me very summer my hair retains more of its length and seems to break less. This is unfortunite for me because our summer months are like 2 months!:ohwell:

So the answer is your hair doesnt GROW faster it just retains more of it's length in the summer months due to more moisture in the air. Which makes it LOOKS like our hair is actually growing faster.:yep:

HTH

http://fotki.com/denettra/

I agree with this time period for me, too.

I used to think summer, but I notice that I get my boost from jan and into spring.

Then things slow a bit because I tend to be able to stretch longer between touchups around May and June.

Yes, I'm definitely a summer-grower. I can't wait till it's warm. I estimate that I get double my normal growth during the months of June - Sept.

Back