Does your hair affect your mood?

It most definately does. Fresh touch up = happy me. It just makes me feel better about my appearance and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Right now I am 10 weeks post wearing an old braid out with thick coiled new growth... I'm pretty "eh" about my hair right now. :pullhair:

Last edited:
If I'm having a "bad hair day" and my hair isn,t cooperating I feel like total crap for the rest of the day. Its shallow but true.

yup, my hair affects my mood... actually, i'm in a good mood today because i'm loving my wash and go

also,

my mood affects my hair (and skin).

When I'm stressed over long periods of times i notice my hair usually is dryer, sheds or breaks and tends to just not look so swell.

My hair DEFINITELY affects my mood.

I learned this real quick back in 2007 when I transitioned to natural. I gained 30 pounds because I was so depressed over my hair. I lost 15 of it, still have 15 to go and its been almost 3 years :(

it sure does. i put in mini twists on thursday and i've been swinging and swanging my hair like a little girl who gets her hair pressed for the first time. LOL. my hair is usually pinned up so i don't really feel the movement of my hair. now that i do, i'm loving it. :yep:

Nope but it probably reflects my mood....sort of. If I am chilling out, my hair is a mess like now with no gel on my edges. Normal days, my hair is normal looking. Miraculously, as if somehow by magic, when i am going to a party I manage to get my "boring" bun to look much better than normal even though I do exactly the same thing to it all the time. Maybe that extra 5 minutes makes all the difference.

Definitely without a doubt. When I wake up in the morning and I feel like I'm having a good hair day I will kick start the day with an extra pep in my step. I feel more confident and happy and just secure, where as on bad hair days I feel like I want to just go back to bed and be alone. Most days are an in-between. However, I rarely have a genuinely GOOD OMG hair day. I did have one this past Friday, though. I woke up and took off my scarf and BAM....my hair from the previous night's cowash was just amazing. Smooth and healthy, and it listened so much as I brushed it neatly into better a sock bun. Everything was A++ on 1st attempt. Even my side bangs, which annoy me. Even the nape hair was awesome, fluffy and didn't need any pinning or anything. It was truly amazing. Definitely 1 of the best hair days I've had in a while. I started off Friday feeling fabulous. So yeah, hair definitely has a role in the mood I am in, as equally as the condition of my skin does (i.e. zits, oily skin, scars/blotches, black heads, etc.).

Back