DOES THE SEARCH EVER STOP??

Mandy4610

My current search is for a good protein conditioner for my natural hair. I need something very mild because strong protein will make my napps very very brittle.

I currently use ORS Hair Mayo and I love it, but they have changed the formula and they now have Mineral oil in it.
Odd enough, only the big tub seems to have mineral oil, the small ones I have bought recently don't have it.
I am worried that they will change that one too, so I need to find a new protein conditioner ASAP.

Help please!

Try Moisture Max Olive Oil Hair Mayo. I just got it, but it made a huge difference in my hair. I think the emphasis is on the moisture more than the protein, but it definitely strengthened my hair as well.
ETA: Not sure if mineral oil is among the ingredients, though...sorry. I can check and get back to you.

Try Moisture Max Olive Oil Hair Mayo. I just got it, but it made a huge difference in my hair. I think the emphasis is on the moisture more than the protein, but it definitely strengthened my hair as well.
ETA: Not sure if mineral oil is among the ingredients, though...sorry. I can check and get back to you.
I never heard about this one before. is there a site I can read up on it on?

Thanks for the info.

try aubrey organics gpb. i love it. i use the ors mayo too but as a pre poo once a month. or you can just use avocado oil mixed with coconut milk.

I like V05 Moisture Milks because it is well balanced with moisture and protein. When I use it on a regular I don't have to worry about protein.

I like Aubrey OrPB Balancing Conditioner and Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner - these are both very mild but they get the job done Mandy.

My search ended when I did my first egg treatment. I used the joico that everyone raves about, aphogee, nexxus...you name it, I tried it! I will never go back to commercial protein conditioners again! As long as you rinse it out with warm water the egg won't fry in your hair. I've done egg treatments plenty of times, and I've never fried an egg in my hair!

This by far is the best protein deep conditioner I have ever used!!!:grin:. I don't really hear alot about this, but this is definitely a keeper. It has Menthol which I love because of the tingle that last forever. To me it's a better version of Cathy Howse conditioner. It doesn't leave the hair hard like some protein conditioners either. I bought it at my local beauty store for $5.49. Works very well for my 4a type hair

Attachments

• Hair_Deep-Cond_Vitale-Super_LRG.jpg
    Hair_Deep-Cond_Vitale-Super_LRG.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21

This is more of a moisture deep conditioner even though it does contain egg protein. It smells really yummy too, but if you're looking for a good "protein" conditioner I don't think this is the one.:ohwell:

I like Aubrey OrPB Balancing Conditioner and Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner - these are both very mild but they get the job done Mandy.

IA: Aubrey Organics GPB and Millcreek Keratin are both wonderful Protein Conditioning Treatments.:yep: I also use Mane N' Tail too which works for me as a light Co-Wash Conditioner.

HairVeda has two really good Protein conditioners, the lighter of the two is the Moist Condition Pro- daily protein enhanced conditioner. It's not too expensive at 16 oz for $8.25. and you can get a sample size for $2.50 which I think is like 2 oz not sure.

I wouldn't recommend Aphogee 2 Minute for you, because it is still pretty strong even though in their line it is considered light protein, and I also wouldn't recommend Motions CPR as that also has mineral oil in it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I always worry that I will have little egg particles left in my coils, maybe one day I will have enough courage to try it.

I usually add an egg york to my conditioner if I need a little protein. Also I have just gone out an bought a tub of mayo(Yes the one you eat) and jus applied that to my hair. Its cheap and works! My hair feels strong and yet soft.

Bumping! Thanks for suggesting AO GPB ladies. I love it. My hair love it and its all good, but the PJ in me wants to try another protein DC. You know... a girl needs options:grin:

Back