Does "The Quest" ever really end?

fletgee

Does \"The Quest\" ever really end?

Ok ladies I'm seeking your views on this subject. You've found the perfect hair club (this one), decided to take on "The Quest" for healthy hair, tested, rejected, and found your perfect hair products. Ohhh,and there have been ups and downs, setbacks and cheers, but you make it to your goal length. Hey,you're there girl. Just look at that hair! So now you switch to a maintanance mode. You know the work it took to get you here and you're gonna continue to practice these healthy hair habits to care for your crowning glory. I feel that by the time I hit my m-mode I will have learned what my hair needs and the things I am learning now will simply become second nature as to the way I maintain my hair's health. What are your views?
**Note**When I started my hair "Quest" my hair was very badly damaged. I was looking for ways to improve my hair's health. So when I speak in reference to hair I tend to refer to it's health. So be it hair length, health or knowledge I value your views!
weird.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif

Re: Does \"The Quest\" ever really end?

I don't think "the quest" ever really ends. I want to have healthy hair until the end, which means I'll have to continue working with my hair until the end.
smile.gif

I think the quest will end when I reach my goal length and health, but then like you stated it's all maintenance. I think once you reach your goals and you know what products work for you your "Quest" has ended, but even when I have my perfect product regimen fown I'll still be experimenting because that's the PJ in me!
laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
I don't think "the quest" ever really ends. I want to have healthy hair until the end, which means I'll have to continue working with my hair until the end.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you have to maintain your hair daily to keep it healthy...once you stop doing that..you've wasted all your hard work.
Knowledge is power...no matter what it is....what works today, may not tomorrow. And as great as your current products are...somewhere along the way, something better will come along or you may need to use something else(especially since they seem to eventually discontinue everything I like..
ohwell.gif
)...

Fletgee,

Maybe in "Maintenance Mode" [I love that by the way
smile.gif
], you make more discoveries about your hair. In other words, your knowledge continues to grow, if you choose to do that, and perhaps you are more willing to experiment. I have to say that's true with me.

The hair health for life to me is always a given. But, I know that during my grow-out period, I would not have experimented with shampoos the way I have in Maintenance Mode. I am elated I did because I have been pleased to know that the cause of my potential scalp irritations is only the amonium sulfates. My favorite shampoo these days is sodium laureth sulfate based, that Oatmilk Shampoo
grin.gif
, and my hair and scalp love it.

And, Jade go after Fruit Fusions? Now, that would NEVER have happened in Grow-Out Mode. Clairol Fruit Fusions Hydrating and Protecting have been some of the best conditoners for my hair...so inexpensive, but great quality.

~Jade~

Grow Out Mode
Maintenance Mode

Hmmm, potential new terms for our LHCF dictionary? Sounds good to me.
grin.gif

I think once I've reached my hair goal (bra strap length) my quest will shift from growing to maintenance of increasing the strength, shine and fullness.

The quest never really ends, it just shifts in terms of what you want at your particular hair state. I don't think I'll ever stop looking at different hair products though as that's the PJ in me too. But once at my goal, I'll know what my 'core' products are to always return to
smile.gif

Hi,

Ever thought what would happen if you stopped brushing your teeth or visiting the dentist? the same concept applies to hair..
laugh.gif

I know that for me it won't end. I do want waist length hair but I am at the point where if my hair never grew another inch I'd be ok with that. In the process my hair has become significantly easier to care for, (because I know my hair now - what it likes and dislikes and responds to most consistently and favorably) and instead of focusing on length these days I focus more on overall appearance.

I think beautiful hair, whatever the length, is what I covet. For me that includes length but I'd cut it off in a minute, even if waist length, if I didn't look the way I wanted it to and it didn't have the overall effect I was going for. That does, and will always, take work and it is certainly work I'm willing to put in forever if need be. Hair is like a hobby for me. One I am loathed to give up even when I ultimately "reach" my "goal".

Back