Does soy protein really stop hair growth

jasmin

So far I love my Bed Head Dumb Blonde and Got2B SoSmooth One Minute Conditioner but they both have Soy Protein in it. I would love to use the Dumb Blonde more often because it makes my hair so soft but I only use it when it’s time to get a touch up and it helps me get over that that 8 week mark. I just need to know if anyone knows of any information on this preventing growth.

I seriously doubt it. The vast majority of sources say that Soy can aid hair growth. I drink Soy Milk every day...and my hair hasn't stopped growing one bit. I have only seen one site stating this...and they didn't have any sources...or scientific evidence listed to back up their findings. If you love your conditioners...keep on using them.
smile.gif
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
I seriously doubt it. The vast majority of sources say that Soy can aid hair growth. I drink Soy Milk every day...and my hair hasn't stopped growing one bit. I have only seen one site stating this...and they didn't have any sources...or scientific evidence listed to back up their findings. If you love your conditioners...keep on using them.
smile.gif
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto here...Im allergic to cow milk and Ive been drinking soy for about a year. If it did stunt my growth I prolly would still be stuck at an inch of hair since my BC
lachen70.gif
No probs here
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
So it shouldn't matter if it's in a conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. There are a lot of ladies here that do daily co washes with VO5 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner (which contains soy protein), and their hair looks great.
wink.gif

Back