Does softer hair tangle easier?

cherxy777

Okay, so my hair is tangling up after i deep condition.

I shampooed with CON detangling, then clarified with suave (i have to do this b/f dc so that the dc actually penetrates without previous buildup)
I dc with silk elements moisturizing treatment
Wash out.
My hair is incredibly silky and soft.

Apply keratin and green tea and PM SS serum. Let dry and notice that the area near my roots, about 3-4in from scalp (im 11 wks post) are literally 'locking' up, like dreads) :nono:
But my length of hair is perfect.
I don't get it. This only happened when i began deep conditioning. Does softer hair make it easier to tangle?

I'm REALLY trying to find my perfect reggie, I actually thought i did, but now this is so annoying!

I think mushy hair does tangle. Also conditioner residue can make hair stick together. Are you rinsing till you are no longer seeing froth from conditioner? Thick growth can be harder to rinse than relaxed hair so you may need to spend more time under running water. Then maybe do an ACV rinse to close your hair cuticles and smooth your strands out.

Why do you use two shampoos and not just stick with the clarifying poo? Also are you washing your hair in sections when you do all this and at what point do you detangle your hair?

Nope - I used to have all kinds of tangling and my hair is coarse. If you're detangling with a comb you might want to switch to a vent or denman type brush instead and go over your entire head from ends to roots. Be gentle of course, but be thorough. I do this with a vent brush and it works very well. Don't skimp because you're afraid of losing hair because if you hair is well cleared you won't have tangling but if you try to get away with not detangling thoroughly then the tangling just increases and you have pre-locking conditions.

Why do you use two shampoos and not just stick with the clarifying poo? Also are you washing your hair in sections when you do all this and at what point do you detangle your hair?
I use two because the CON smooths my hair then I can use the suave clarifying w/o my hair matting...if i just use the suave it will matt up terribly and i was afraid of that.

But i think i may just try using the suave by itself since i've learned how to properly shampoo my hair (before i used to be a little rougher, scratching and all that).

I do wash in sections but i think its definetly the Deep conditioner that's causing this; its the newest thing i added to my washing.

I detangle AFTER its 95% dry when i've towel dried. I tried detanling in the shower and that process does not work for me.

I think mushy hair does tangle. Also conditioner residue can make hair stick together. Are you rinsing till you are no longer seeing froth from conditioner? Thick growth can be harder to rinse than relaxed hair so you may need to spend more time under running water. Then maybe do an ACV rinse to close your hair cuticles and smooth your strands out.

I try to wash it out as much as i can, especially near my roots. It's funny because its not actually the NG that's tangling up; its the 2-3 inches of hair past the NG

The rest of my length past the 2-3 inches of tangles is tangle free.

But on my next wash i think ill just apply the DC to my ends and avoid that area. I was just really curious as to why my very soft, silky hair would tangle up like that and the ends would come out perfectly.:ohwell:

Back