Does Oil = Frizz when you WNG?

Cherokee-n-Black

I have to say, I was so excited to try my CG friendly imported from Fiji "Pure Fiji" Coconut conditioner after I went natural. It's chock full of coconut oil and all kind of exotic no-cone ingredients. My hair came out shiny, and defined...but frizzy (make record scratch sound here). And it would seem that every time I try to incorporate oil into my regimen in any way, I get the same result. Does anyone else experience this? As it stands now, I only use gel because I wasn't 100% happy with the conditioner leave-in method (rinse out condish as a leave-in) and any oil or oil-rich butters, etc...cause frizz!!! No fair! When I had a relaxer oil was my bestest friend!

Let me know. I too just begun CG on twa and would like to incorporate oil after applying Kinky-Curly condition and gel.

India

Let me know. I too just begun CG on twa and would like to incorporate oil after applying Kinky-Curly condition and gel.

India

Good luck with that! I've been trying to figure out a way to make it work. I recently tried pre conditioning with an oil (Ojon)--can't call it pre-pooing because I try not to use shampoo too often. I had better results than with the oil rich conditioners but still a bit o' frizz....I'll try to post some pics and get back here.

I usually apply my oil right after I co-cleanse, and right before I apply conditioner & curl cream. I get more definition this way, than if I leave it out. My hair also stays moist longer. HTH!

It is the opposite for me. I have to be careful with oil or I get stringy, but frizz-free hair. The more oily and stringy, the less frizzy for me. I hate stringy hair so I tend to use a dime-size amount of oil before leave-in and gel as that method keeps my hair nice and soft.

Ogoma said:
It is the opposite for me. I have to be careful with oil or I get stringy, but frizz-free hair. The more oily and stringy, the less frizzy for me. I hate stringy hair so I tend to use a dime-size amount of oil before leave-in and gel as that method keeps my hair nice and soft.

its the same for me.

its the same for me.

This is what I would expect. That's why I was so frustrated. I tried the Pure Fiji condish (which has a ton of oil) the Queen Helene Royal Curl Oil, Coconut oil, Kewee Oil...and all of them make my hair frizz. The odd part for me is that I do get good curl definition--and shine (which is tough to get in my hair's natural state) but it still frizzes. Well, I may keep trying. I kind of liked the Ojon results. I'll try it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Thanks!

This is what I would expect. That's why I was so frustrated. I tried the Pure Fiji condish (which has a ton of oil) the Queen Helene Royal Curl Oil, Coconut oil, Kewee Oil...and all of them make my hair frizz. The odd part for me is that I do get good curl definition--and shine (which is tough to get in my hair's natural state) but it still frizzes. Well, I may keep trying. I kind of liked the Ojon results. I'll try it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Thanks!

Maybe you're like me, and you just have frizzy hair? My hair is resistant to clumping, and prefers to be a poof of frizz...annoying. If that's the case, you just need to find a product that's gonna give you the right level of hold. Curl creams are now my hairs besties.

Maybe you're like me, and you just have frizzy hair? My hair is resistant to clumping, and prefers to be a poof of frizz...annoying. If that's the case, you just need to find a product that's gonna give you the right level of hold. Curl creams are now my hairs besties.

LOL!!! I refuse to claim that! My hair is not frizzy, I just haven't found the right products! :lol: Yeah, my hair definitely is prone to frizz. It doesn't frizz when I use gels, but sometimes my hair feels a little dry and cruncherrific. So I was hoping the oils would help to soften and add some sheen. I haven't had good results from any "creamy" creams. Decent results from Queen Helene Curl Creme but it's not really a cream, more of a runny gel.

LOL!!! I refuse to claim that! My hair is not frizzy, I just haven't found the right products! :lol: Yeah, my hair definitely is prone to frizz. It doesn't frizz when I use gels, but sometimes my hair feels a little dry and cruncherrific. So I was hoping the oils would help to soften and add some sheen. I haven't had good results from any "creamy" creams. Decent results from Queen Helene Curl Creme but it's not really a cream, more of a runny gel.

LOL it was hard for me too Gurl...moaned about it here for about two months maybe? :lol: the only two CC's I can recommend are AG re:Coil Curl Activator (like a runny gel, but doesn't dry out my hair at all), and Jane Carter CC (smells nice, and does an ok job. Didn't dry my hair out). Jane Cater didn't give the Best hold, but it was ok. So far AG is the best though...and no crunchy hair either.

I'll try the QH out too...whatever you do, stay away from the Garnier one. Garbaggio!!

Back