Does neutrogena triple moisture recover mask have protein in it?

PersuasiveBeauty

Here are the ingredients for the it:

water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, ethylhexyl isononanoate, behenyl alcohol, meadowfoam (limnanthes alba) seed oil, cyclohexasiloxane, olive (olea europaea) fruit oil, sweet almond (prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, steramidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium methosulfate, amodimethicone, panthenol, glycol stearate, ceteth-2, hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, methlparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, fragrance.

I thought it didn't... but I read in another thread that someone uses it as their protein treatmeant.. So this realllly scares me. I always deep condition when I have my cornrows in, whether under a weave or a wig. And I will leave them in for about 2-3 months. Usually I deep condition with a regular V05 conditioner, but I bought the Neutrogena deep conditioner to deep condition with instead. And instead of diluting it with water and applying it with a spray bottle (like I later learned I SHOULD have been doing) I just slathered it in between my cornrows like I always did with the V05... It is very thick and very much of it is still left in my braids/cornrows.... I'm not very worried about this because I always have it like this then when I take down my braids/cornrows I clarify and I'm good to go. But. Now I'm worried because this might have protein in it???? :nono:

I can't identify any protein in the list of ingredients. I used this conditioner in the past, but it was for its moisturizing properties. In fact, I used it after doing a deep protein condition.

Back