Does it make sense to pre-poo before you clarify?

Squikee

I noticed that my scalp and probably hair has some buildup. (I was excited that I noticed this because I'm hoping it means I'm becoming more in tune with my hair! :meditate:)

I really like the way my hair feels when I pre-poo before using shampoo but since I'm clarifying . . . is this defeating the purpose? :perplexed

Or should I clarify then pre-poo and then shampoo? I'm so confused. Please help!! :help3:

TIA :grin:

I had this question a couple of months ago and through experience, I've found that pre-pooing or deep conditioning before clarifying was counterproductive. I still have to deep condition for a longer amount of time after clarifying but imo, I wouldn't pre-poo before.

I had this question a couple of months ago and through experience, I've found that pre-pooing or deep conditioning before clarifying was counterproductive. I still have to deep condition for a longer amount of time after clarifying but imo, I wouldn't pre-poo before.

I totally agree:yep:

Thank you, ladies! I'm going to wash my hair either tonight or tomorrow and I won't pre-poo before I clarify. I'll add a lot of extra oils to my DC to put the moisture back in my hair, though.

Thats what I figured, never can be too sure though. :yep:

I would think the only reason to pre-poo when clarifying is if your hair is good, but if your scalp needs to be degunked. Other then that, I agree that it's counterproductive.

Back