Does corn oil do anything for our hair?

HanaKuroi

Carol's daughter has corn oil in everything. My hair hates CD. Is it the corn oil it hates? None of my other hair products contain corn oil. Why doesn't Cd use olive oil or coconut oil?

If corn oil is so good why is it we use coconut, olive, and jojoba most often?

As expensive as CD is, one would expect a better oil like the ones Americka stated. Nothing wrong with corn oil, but I bet they use that ish like the high fructose corn syrup of their ingredients.

Maybe your hair just hates corn oil, I found out my hair hates sulfur from using dr. miracle products and experiencing alot of dryness and breakage

I have yet to meet anyone who liked Dr.Miracles! His products are worse than CD. I used to like CD back in the day but something happened.

No I don't like no monsanto head! I try to avoid gmo if I can!

Yeah, I thought it to be odd that corn oil and soybean oil (or soy oil) are at the top of all their ingredients. Those are two oils I never hear anyone using. They must be very cheap. Anyone use soybean oil or know what that's about?

There was a whole thread listing oils from a to z and telling what they do i'll try and find it

ETA: Oils 101

Sorry Idkh to link it on the app

Last edited:
No, corn oil is not on that link. I did a "ctrl f". I think you're talking about a different oils post that was more comprehensive.

I use soybean oil sometimes. It's lightweight, easy to find in any supermarket and absorbs well. It's definitely an alternative to other oils like coconut and jojoba oil and it's lighter than olive oil.

Unlike jojoba or coconut oil, corn oil just sits on my hair and makes it look pretty greasy. I try to avoid that as a primary ingredient if possible.

Back