Does anyone use the foam bun foundations?

blackberry815

Are they damaging at all? do they snag your hair? are their any tips to using these? They look like they make a nice chignoin bun but they do look a tad scary only because they do remind me of brillow pads...

thanks ladies

I use it and nope doesn't snag my hair at all :) I likey! it helps keep my hair formed at the top of my head and I put on a fine invisible net, I tie those one and it gets caught up in my hair a little but the brillo bun is okay LOL

I would definitely advise against putting a foam bun directly on the hair natural or relaxed. What I have done in the past is cover the foam bun with black satin fabric that I purchased from the fabric store. I've heard some cover the bun w/ hair weave though I'm not sure how the weaved hair was secured on the bun.

I would definitely advise against putting a foam bun directly on the hair natural or relaxed. What I have done in the past is cover the foam bun with black satin fabric that I purchased from the fabric store. I've heard some cover the bun w/ hair weave though I'm not sure how the weaved hair was secured on the bun.

How do u cover it with the satin? Do u sew it?

I buy a cheap bag of braiding hair and wrap a little bit in and around the bun, so instead of looking like it's made out of brillo, it looks like it's made out of hair.

I love it because no one can tell if there are any gaps. It looks like it's all my hair. Also, you can oil the hair bun, so your own ends will stay nice and oiled. No breakage or brittle ends. :grin:

I use a piece of satin around mine as well. It's an inch wide and lord knows how long; I don't sew it, I just wrap it around until it's done and tuck the ends in. I'm digging the braid hair idea though from tiffers. That's actually a little bit of GENIUS going on :grin:.

I use men's dress socks. I take them from my dad or bro, cut the toe out and roll them until I have the donut shape. Works beautifully.

I use liquid fabric glue to attach satin ribbon to mine. I glued one end down and wrapped the ribbon around until it was completely covered. Once I got to the end I folded it under and lightly glued that piece down. The I took a small piece of ribbon and glued that on top of the end of the ribbon lengthwise. It works perfectly.

Ive always used the ones that come with hair already wrapped around them. Ive seen them in most BBS's that ive gone into looking near the bun forms. I guess wrapping some hair around a bare form would be the next best thing.

i'm wearing one right now! i didn't do it today, but i usually put almond oil on it and then use it. i thought about wrapping satin around it, but i'm too lazy. :look:

Ive always used the ones that come with hair already wrapped around them. Ive seen them in most BBS's that ive gone into looking near the bun forms. I guess wrapping some hair around a bare form would be the next best thing.

I also use a bun with hair already on it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HTC Sensation 4G

I use a sock bun, I 've seen those but I too thought they looked like brillow pads LOL. Is the sock bun damaging? I would think that is a better option because I'm sure you have some tattered socks laying around and it's free!

I made my own too. Someone mentioned dress socks; i made mine out of a black pantyhose that had a hole or run in them.

I use the ones with hair covering it--just slip it on my hair (no ponytail holder or rubber band needed) spread my hair over it and tuck the hair under, slip a pretty scrunchie around it and it stays. I dont have to worry about breakage cuz no ponytail holder is used.

Back