Does anyone use an oil thats not oily?

Fabulous1

The only oils I have right now to seal are Lisa's Elixir from Carols Daughter and both Wild Growth oils. The problem is that I seal then cover with a silk bonnet for bed but when I wake up my pillow is soaked with oil :wallbash: ! Help!

The only oil I use is Vatika Frosting HairVeda's Enhanced Coconut Oil. It works great for me b/c I'm bunning or wearing braidouts. I don't feel like it leave any residue on my pillow. My hair soaks it up.

Emu Oil
Jojoba Oil

Both absorb directly into the scalp, hair, skin, leaving no oily residue at all:yep:

Moroccan Hair Oil. It's the best oil I've ever tried for my hair, its really light and doesn't leave a sticky weighed down feeling to my hair.

Taking notes...
Oh and you can get a satin pillowcase from Sallys for $8.99, instead of using your cotton.

If your pillow is soaked in oil, you're using waaaaay too much! Oil spreads very easily. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. You don't have to lay it on until your hair is drenched :yep:

If you're using it to seal, all you need is about a dime size amount for your whole head :)

If your pillow is soaked in oil, you're using waaaaay too much! Oil spreads very easily. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. You don't have to lay it on until your hair is drenched :yep:

If you're using it to seal, all you need is about a dime size amount for your whole head :)

:spinning: Now why didnt I think I was using too much I dont know lol. I have been using Wild Growth and I apply it directly to my scalp from the applicator in about 6 rows from front to back.

Dang girl, that's a lot of oil!!! :lachen:

When I apply oil to my scalp, I make two parts. Ear to ear and temple to temple. Applying oil to two parts gets just enough oil to cover your scalp, so nothing's drippin down your neck :lol:

You are using too much oil.

Think of it this way... the reason we put oils on our hair is to mimic/enhance the scalp oil that we naturally make. Your scalp doesn't just keep pouring out oil... healthy, normal hair just has a LIGHT COATING.

If you're into greasy hair, do you :)

Otherwise, you only need small amounts. I use quarter sized amounts of oil. If I'm oiling my scalp, I dip my finger into a little oil and just lightly oil the parts.

Last edited:
April Shower, have you tried buying the Argan Oil by itself? I believe its the main ingredient in the Moroccan oil, and was wondering how you liked it before I purchased another oil.

Emu Oil
A dip of Shea butter - and I mean a light dip of these two, mostly after a wash.
A dip of Coconut Oil

I alternate between silk wraps and satin, and yes the silk absorbs more oil than satin. When I use the satin, I have no transfer (that I can tell) and my hair needs a dap more oil.

Having oil transfer is not sexy, I understand.

1. Like they all said, you might be using too much oil. But I admit, I don't use a dime sized amount, I use a lot more than most do, and my hair does not end up greasy, and My pillowcase is dry in the morning. My hair is regularly dry, so I listen to my hair. So it depends on your hair really
2. Try a light oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil

It sounds like you are using too much oil. But to answer your question I love the Cocasta oil from hairveda, and moroccan oil. Both leave my hair super soft not at all greasy

I'm going with the too much oil concensus as well, but it took me a long time to not use too much. I use camellia oil purchased from www.oilsbynature.com . It's very light, doesn't make me get pimples around my hairline, has no scent, and also has sunscreen properties.

Back