Does anyone use a water softner at home?

Sareca, thanks for all of this information. I am Chicago where it looks like we have "very hard" water, but I am going to go out and get the test strips to make sure before I look into purchasing the WaterStick.

Question: how do you know if your hair is suffering from hard water? Is it something you only realize once you make the switch or are there telltale signs?

Thanks!

BUMPING...I'd like to know the answer to this one too.:yep:

Sareca, thanks for all of this information. I am Chicago where it looks like we have "very hard" water, but I am going to go out and get the test strips to make sure before I look into purchasing the WaterStick.

Question: how do you know if your hair is suffering from hard water? Is it something you only realize once you make the switch or are there telltale signs?

Thanks!

BUMPING...I'd like to know the answer to this one too.:yep:

For me:
  • I have much more shrinkage than normal.
  • My hair was soft when wet but dries crunchy.
  • I start seeing tiny little broken hairs more often.
  • My scalp itches.
  • My haircare products (include Aveda) don't work anymore

If you've never experienced soft water you won't even recognize that you're suffering from these things. You probably just think that's the way your hair is... not true! :nono:

Hmmm, wow. I think I'm convinced. I'm going to get those test strips ASAP! Thanks for all of the info! :)

For me:
  • I have much more shrinkage than normal.
  • My hair was soft when wet but dries crunchy.
  • I start seeing tiny little broken hairs more often.
  • My scalp itches.
  • My haircare products (include Aveda) don't work anymore

If you've never experienced soft water you won't even recognize that you're suffering from these things. You probably just think that's the way your hair is... not true! :nono:

just a fyi,
dr oz was on oprah the other day talking about a water filter. it was $22 at home depot, or any local hardware store. im sure its the same thing. my hair responds now with the filter much better to henna & moisturizing & all that....

I had forgotten that I posted in this thread :look: but I wanted to reconfirm that Rainsoft is a great product. I went to Chicago for a few weeks where there was no water softener and when I came home and took my first bath I PROMISE the water felt different. SOFTER and lighter!!! My skin is clearing up and starting to glow again. I can't tell a huge difference in my hair but it is slightly softer. :yep:

Looking back I wouldn't pay as much because I'm sure it's possible to get a comparable product cheaper, but I would say it's worth it and when I move into my next house I will get a system again.

My SO and I just purchased this and they will be installing today. With all the $$$ we are paying to get it put in, Rainsoft Comapany, I hope to notice something postive with my home and hair. Thanks so much for all the information ladies. I will update what I think about softwater at a later date.

My Waterstick arrived yesterday and I showered with it this morning. I LOVE IT!! My water feels so silky. I can't wait to see what my hair feels like when I wash it.

BUMP

A lot of good info in this thread. I have hard water in my apartment complex, and I think my only option now is to get the Waterstick.

Back