Does anyone still use Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO)?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I was reading through some of my old posts and I used to love WGO, but I no longer use it and cannot remember when or why I stopped. I am just curious as to whether anyone still uses it.

I still have mine but I rarely use it (being that I use it mainly for blow outs that I haven't down in about a year). I still love it though. Noting is better for my blow outs than WGO. :) Every now and then, I have also used it for a braidout or twistout.

I was reading through some of my old posts and I used to love WGO, but I no longer use it and cannot remember when or why I stopped. I am just curious as to whether anyone still uses it.

Two years ago, at the beginning of my hair journey, WGO was the first oil I bought for my hair. I used it for a while, but I don't anymore because it...umm....stinks!:nono: Since, it didn't do anything spectacular for my hair, I much prefer my "lightly-scented" extra virgin coconut oil. :grin:

not anymore
-the first 3 months i used it, my hair grew faster, no more after that
--the next 3 months, my hair got softer, no more after that
---with all the minerals and stuff, it just didn't do anything any more. by that time, i learned about clarifying, but not about chelating. maybe i should give it another shot

It didn't make my hair grow faster, but I do use it occassionally...I still have the same bottle I bought a year ago. It smells, but mixing it with some peppermint and Ylang Ylang always does the trick.

I use it sometimes.. I actually like my MoeGrow oil better but I have about half a bottle left so I'm using it to get rid of it!!

I still use it! Whether it really promotes hair growth or not, I'm believing that it does and rolling with it. Now the smell does leave something to be desired, I usually apply it directly to my scalp at night, and just hope that its not still reeking the next day :rolleyes:

I still use it. I don't know if it makes your hair grow but it makes it soft,smooth, and shiny. I actually haven't bought any in a while but I still like it. As for the smell I don't mind it. My sister did ask me why my daughter's hair always smelled "spicy" LOL but oh well.

I actually like that smell :) I can't say it does anything for my hair, but I am not about to chuck it either.

I use to use it, but not much, I was looking at it today in sallys and was thinking about going back to it, but some ladies mix it with other growth aids, but I don't know if WGO would be considered a growth aid though......but I might go back......

I use to use it, but not much, I was looking at it today in sallys and was thinking about going back to it, but some ladies mix it with other growth aids, but I don't know if WGO would be considered a growth aid though......but I might go back......

It's not a growth aid - folks are taking the growth part literally, it's just an oil with lots of hair-healthy ingredients. :yep:

When my hair is really dry and tangle y, it works wonders. Wish the scent was more appealing though.

I used it at the very beginning of my hair journey and it did nothing for my hair but give it a funky smell. The oil didn't moisturize or make my hair grow any faster than normal all it did was make my hair look greasy.

I use this oil, but I've been on my healthy hair trail since Feb 1st. I like the coconut oil better though

I still use mine. My daughters hair likes it too. I like using it after flatironing for extra shine or for sealing in moisture. i dont use it as a growth aid on scalp, but i'd use it for massaging the scalp if i didn't have my indian oils

At the beginning of my hair journey, I used it quite often. I think it does "something." What it does, I don't quite know, but my hair seemed thicker and it seemed like it grew faster or something when I used it consistently. I haven't been using it and my hair has not yielded the same results as it did when I was using it all the time.

I'm breaking that oil out again...

I use WGO every week after my wash and set directly to the scalp.

If I am good :spinning:, I apply a lil more to the scalp on Thurs nights.

For me I have noticed double the amount of growth :grin:, a lovely softness to my new growth and personally, I like the smell. It smells of something from my childhood that I just can't seem to place :look:.

I also use on my scalp two days before I get a relaxer to help soften the NG. I can't say it enuf, it does wonders for softening NG :yep:!

Highly recommend!

BD21

Back