Does Anyone Still Overnight Deep Condition?

I tried that in the past but it makes my scalp itchy and my hair way to mushy. The only thing I do overnight is prepoo & that is usually with oils only or Olaplex #3. For me using heat for at least 30 minutes does the job for deep conditioning. But if it's been working for you with no problems I would continue.

Yep and always will....5 years and counting. I dont pay much attention to what others say is bad/good for hair in general. I mind my hair business by doing what works for me and let others do what works for them. My hair and scalp is just fine. More than fine, honestly.

I;m with the other ladies. Its all situational. The hair needs dif things at dif times. I have fine hair that gets overmoisturized easily so cant do it with every wash but sometimes leave my prepoo in overnight. Esp if its oils and not con. I find con leaks onto the pillow and makes my scalp itchy but oils don't. I did leave my homemade dc in overnight and ended up shedding alot until i did a really good protein treatment. All this to say do what works but it can be dangerous (but easily fixable).

I do out of laziness. I have a habit of starting my hair too late at night and I end up deep conditioning with my Hothead and just giving up on the idea of staying up any later. I don’t think it’s hurt my hair. It always feels super soft after I rinse it out.

I do out of laziness. I have a habit of starting my hair too late at night and I end up deep conditioning with my Hothead and just giving up on the idea of staying up any later. I don’t think it’s hurt my hair. It always feels super soft after I rinse it out.
i do this sometimes too and sleep with the hothead on to keep the drippies at bay. i just need to do protein treatments more reg dep on how often i overnight dc. The only danger i found is overmoisturized hair.

I've only done that twice. The first time was fine, but the second time I didn't sleep well at all.

It was like my body/mind sensed my wet hair and scalp while I was asleep and wouldn't let me go into a deep sleep. I kept waking up throughout the night too.

I've only done that twice. The first time was fine, but the second time I didn't sleep well at all.

It was like my body/mind sensed my wet hair and scalp while I was asleep and wouldn't let me go into a deep sleep. I kept waking up throughout the night too.
yeah that's why i prefer oil honestly.... con drips and is super uncomfie no matter what i do. i put on 2 shower caps and my hot head but it still ends up getting my pillow wet. SO ANNOYING!!!!!

I dc overnight nearly every week. I don’t have an itchy scalp from it and it keeps my wash routine simple and effective. I’ve done it for years and never got over moisturized but I use a DC with protein so maybe that’s why l. I don’t know if it has more benefits but I don’t spend 16 hours in the shower

I Do!:up:

Those few extra hours helps me keep dryness at bay.

It also allows me to use up corners of things that are almost done, or something I am trying to get rid of.

Sometimes I do it with an Oil and/or sometimes I'll use something specifically for Pre-Poo'ing or an Overnight Treatment.

I usually do it on dry hair. Usually with Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap and Satin Cap.

I don't feel I've had any ill-effects from it.

Same. When I overnight DC, it's because I started my hair too late at night and I'm tired, lol. No adverse effects though, quite the opposite actually since I'm low porosity and it gives my hair a chance to really absorb the product.

I do as others mentioned when I'm too tired to finish my hair but it's uncomfortable to sleep with conditioner in my hair. The wet scalp and trapped heat irritate me. I can deep condition with oils overnight with no issues. Deep conditioning on dry hair is fine too.

I can't overnight condition or pre-poo, whether it's with conditioner or oil. I sweat in my scalp too much, which causes irritation. Also, I have high porosity hair, so an overnight condition causes my hair cuticles to be more open than a lady of the night on a hoestroll. This causes extreme tangles for me, even if my hair is braided.
I've only had mushy hair once, but that was from using the GHE nightly.

Back