Does anyone shampoo anymore??

ScandalousBeauty

I have noticed that lots of people on the board Co-wash or rinse their hair. How many of you wash your hair with shampoo? Also, which do you rave about and which ones were you not impressed with???

I am using Nexxus Therappe and Botaniol interchangably, but I'm always down for suggestions!

I still shampoo at least once a week, sometimes every 3 days. I love Elucence MB Poo, NTM, and MNT are my staples. I also have the Creme of Nature poo w/the green label. Those are the only shampoos that I have used, I like them so I've been sticking with them.

i still shampoo, i actually only did the no-poo thing for a couple of weeks... i never considered not using shampoo at all. I've gone through a number of shampoos since joining LHCF. When I joined I was using Pantene Pro-V relaxed & natural but then i learned that its' bad, so i stopped, then i found Creme of Nature (red/yellow) label, and i loved it... then i thought of trying the green label and that one didn't work with my hair, then i used Suave, which kinda dried it out, and now i found a GREAT shampoo: Rusk moist apricot shampoo...

I've only used it about 3 times so far but I really like it... i don't get that coated feeling that i got from using CON, but m hair still feels soft and manageable. I'm sticking with that one. I still have my Suave Clarifying shampoo, and i'll use that once a month.

last night i used aussie's 2 in 1 poo/condish combination for the first time. It reminded me of creme of nature but with a sweet smell.

Last edited:
I never stopped pooing (boy that sounds nasty!) and I use the following.

• NTM
  • MNT
  • Extend-A-Perm (After 10wks of new growth)
and my absolute favorite-GARNIER SLEEK & SHINE...(this gets more rotation than all the others) I cant tell you how much I :love: this poo. I find it very moisturizing.

I used to shampoo and deep condition once a week, but now only shampoo once a month. The rest of the time I do a CO wash once/twice a week. My hair becomes less dry now and I don't have to spend so much time on it.

i poo weekly on the same day that i deep condition... i figure that if i somehow become all dried out, the deep conditioning would counter that... lately i've been using CON because i really haven't found any other shampoos that i consistently like... :ohwell:

Wow! I can't imagine not shampooing at all. I still do and I switch up between Nioxin and Redken's All Soft shampoo.

I shampoo once per week. I use one of the following:

Keracare Hydrating and Detangling
Elucence Moisture Benefits
Deep Brilliance Hydration
Design Essentials Moisture Retention

I shampoo daily (sometimes I miss a couple of days) and have been for about a year now. The shampoos that I love are:

Paul Mitchell Daily Moisture Shampoo
Aquage Smoothing Shampoo
Nexxus Therappe
NTM shampoo (even though Therappe beats this one)
Redken Cleansing Cream - Once a week (the gentlest, most effective (IMO) clarifier ever)

I also use Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo, and Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives Cleanser (only with Nioxin products though) if I am experiencing more shedding than normal.

I shampoo one to two times a week with one of the following
Lanza Protein Plus
Elucence Moisture Balance
Keracare Hydrating Shampoo
BBD Triple Silk

I shampoo 1-2x per week.

I use one of the following:

Kenra Moisturizing shampoo
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo
Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair

Every other week I use Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Shampoo to clarify

I shampoo weekly at a minimum and I could imagine not shampooing at all. I would love to shampoo more than that but my ears get clogged up and then I get swimmers ear so its once now.

I was trying to stick to a schedule but I just don't bother anymore. Some days I just use conditioner, some days I shampoo. It just depends on how my hair feels. On average I'd say I shampoo 2-3x a week and con wash the other days. My current shampoos are
Jason Biotin
Jason Sea Kelp
Elucence MB

They are all good shampoos--very gentle but still clean well. The Sea Kelp doesn't have any sulfates, and the other two use sodium myreth sulfate.

I love Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo...it's the best shampoo I've ever used :D Aussie Moist is the best moisturizing shampoo I've used.

I probably poo about once every week...maybe a little longer. I was eyeing the Aussie Moist ...so works good mkstar? hehe I'm going to have to try it.

Stormy said:
Wow! I can't imagine not shampooing at all. I still do and I switch up between Nioxin and Redken's All Soft shampoo.

I totally agree- I have to shampoo at least 1x a week to feel that my hair and scalp is clean. Plus, I use a lot of products on my hair to slick it back into a bun and have to use shampoo to get all of that stuff out of my hair.

Yes, most definitely I still shampoo my hair. I wash my hair twice a week. My favorite shampoos are KENRA Moisturizing Shampoo, GARNIER FRUCTIS Long & Strong and NEXXUS Vitatress Biotin Shampoo. I have many more that I rotate with, but these are the top shelf ones in my hair stash. :)

Since I took my braids down, I shampoo 3 days in a row with Relaxed and Natural; when it was braided, twice a month with the same product. My hair is soft and bouncy and ponytail-holder breaking thick.

I still shampoo. I like conditioner washes but only between shampoos. I like for my scalp to be as clean as possible for optimal growth and shampooing on a regular basis definitely helps.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo is wonderful for me. I love any shampoo that produces a tingling sensation and this one definitely does.

Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea Shampoo is great too. It produces more of a cool sensation rather than a tingle on the scalp, but I still plan to use it sometimes.

Last edited:
Back