Does anyone purchase indigo from a store? Only online?

I've always only ordered mine from Mehandi.com And always have had Excellent results.:yep:

Once, I checked at an Indian Grocer close by my Home, but they didn't carry it.

I never found indigo in a store and when I've asked, the store clerk looks at me like I'm nuts and they have no idea what I'm talking about :lachen:

I've only been able to purchase indigo online.

i can only find it online and we have a large indian population/community with indian stores galore

I've only used it once and I purchased from Mehandi. This weekend will be my personal quest to find some locally. We have a large Indian population in NY so I think I'll be able to find some.

I've only used it once and I purchased from Mehandi. This weekend will be my personal quest to find some locally. We have a large Indian population in NY so I think I'll be able to find some.

Good Luck! I practically live in Little India :lachen:in New Jersey and I haven't found it. Keep us posted!

When I attempted to purchase from the Indian Stores they had no idea what Indigo was, and was trying to show me something totally "strange":perplexed

I've only purchased it from Mehandi and it's always been very, very nice.:yep:

When I attempted to purchase from the Indian Stores they had no idea what Indigo was, and was trying to show me something totally "strange":perplexed

I've only purchased it from Mehandi and it's always been very, very nice.:yep:

That's what I found out - Indian's don't use indigo to dye hair to my knowledge because whenever I ask for it they don't know what I'm talking about.

I wonder if a Body Art/Tattoo/Piercing Place would carry it?:perplexed

I'll just keep getting mine online.:rolleyes: I'd just rather pay the shipping and know exactly what I'm getting.

I used Bigen (blue/black) for the first time in April and my hair looks dull. Do anyone know if this Indigo is better than Bigen?

I wonder if a Body Art/Tattoo/Piercing Place would carry it?:perplexed

I'll just keep getting mine online.:rolleyes: I'd just rather pay the shipping and know exactly what I'm getting.

I never thought about that! Good idea IDareT'sHair :up:

And I agree with your sentiment about buying online.
But really it's just blue dye used for dying denim, so maybe a textiles factory would use it, but they probably buy in bulk from the same people that our sources online buy from.

I used Bigen (blue/black) for the first time in April and my hair looks dull. Do anyone know if this Indigo is better than Bigen?

Never Used Bigen? Every time I hear it, I think about that Poor Lady on tv with the Allergic Reaction!

But Indigo is Fantastic. Supa' Dupa' Blingalicious!:lick:

Plus it's all Natural.:yep:

Colors always fade and become less vibrant - even color obtained with henna and indigo. The cool thing about henna/indigo is that it's natural and can be used more frequently and can be refreshed using henna/indigo glosses.

What also helps to extend the color is to always use color-friendly shampoos and conditioners. I use Wen and Ovation shampoo to keep my tones looking good longer.

I just sent an email to one of my Indian friends, I'll keep you posted.

I am so in love with the shine and health of my hair after the Henna/Indigo. I don't know why I waited so long to try it.

Girls that use Indigo from Mehandi, where do you get the Henna from? I hear Karishma is good (not gritty) stuff and I don't think Mehandi has it. Should I get it from someplace else and the Indigo from Mehandi?

I get my indigo from Hennaforhair.com. Before I bought my henna/indigo there but I found a local Indian store that sells BAQ henna, so now that is the place for me. It's so much cheaper! I which they sold indigo but I'm only able to find that online.

OP, I bought my indigo at Mehandi.com but I'm going to experiment with Light Mountain and Aubrey Organics Color Me Natural, which are both found at Whole Foods.

Indigo is ok but I had to do 6 hours of henna and one hour of indigo. I don't always have all those hours to dedicate to my hair, especially if I can't even leave the house.

Girls that use Indigo from Mehandi, where do you get the Henna from? I hear Karishma is good (not gritty) stuff and I don't think Mehandi has it. Should I get it from someplace else and the Indigo from Mehandi?

In my experience, all the henna I've ever purchased online from HennaforHair(Mehandi) or HennaSooq have all have the highest quality sift and have never had gritty henna from either one.

Call me cautious, but I prefer to get my henna and indigo online from Mehandi or HennaSooq - I trust these vendors to sell me the best of their best every time.

Since I am relaxed, I purchase the Body Art Quality (BAQ) Henna from Mehandi for African American and/or Chemically Treated Hair. The Henna is sifted very fine and there is no trouble at all washing it out. Actually, the process if very easy and quick.

It mixes extremely well--never Gritty and has worked exceptional to cover my Grey.

I buy both the Henna and the Indigo from them.:yep:

Back