Does Anyone Not Use Oil on their Hair??

biancaelyse

I've been natural for about 15 years now with a 3B/3C texture.

I simplified my regimen to cowashing with Tresemme for Curly hair and using Wen as my leave in, a dab of Ecostyler gel to minimize frizz.

Over the summer, I didn't pack my grapeseed oil on vacation and went oil free for a week.

I've been oil free ever since.

I use Indian powders like Fenugreek, Brahmi, Amla and Henna every other week so my hair is strong with very little shedding.

Is anyone else oil free?

I just started going oil free about 3 weeks ago. My products do have some oil in them though. For the past few weeks, I have been using a leave-in, a moisturizer, spritzing with a glycerin spray and then twisting with a curling cream.

I haven't perfected it yet but my hair in the past 3 weeks without oil has done better than the past year with oils.

^^^^Exactly. I know the products I use contain oils but my hair doesn't seem to need a separate oil. We'll see what my hair says this winter when it gets cold outside.

i did a couple of months ago i sealed with jane carter nourish and shine instead of oil, it was fine. as long as i seal i'm fine. i use to use just oil on my scalp and hair but now i cant put anything on my scalp it itches (random thought)

^^^^Exactly. I know the products I use contain oils but my hair doesn't seem to need a separate oil. We'll see what my hair says this winter when it gets cold outside.

Keep us updated. I am still looking for the right product to seal my ends. My moisturizer doesn't seem to be enough for that.

I find that oils just leave my hair feeling greasy. I'm down to using some vatika on wash day and the day after, but otherwise it's not necessary. Same with butters/whipped butters.

I plan on experimenting with oil and lanolin as a sealer once the weather gets colder.

I seal my damp hair with Wen and that seems to be enough for now. I've also been using Fenugreek for the past 2 weeks and that seems to be very moisturizing as well.

I've been natural for about 15 years now with a 3B/3C texture.

I simplified my regimen to cowashing with Tresemme for Curly hair and using Wen as my leave in, a dab of Ecostyler gel to minimize frizz.

Over the summer, I didn't pack my grapeseed oil on vacation and went oil free for a week.

I've been oil free ever since.

I use Indian powders like Fenugreek, Brahmi, Amla and Henna every other week so my hair is strong with very little shedding.

Is anyone else oil free?

I don't use oil very much either. sometimes I use very very sparingly, like literally a dab for my whole head. My hair sticks together a lot and feels hard when I use pretty much any type of oil.
I do the same thing you do with conditioner. I use it as a leave-in because it's the only thing that hasn't made my hair feel real greasy and it makes it SO soft, of course, lol. I have fine hair and am a 3 as well

I don't use oils. I will use serums though. Right now I am loving Living Proof Serum that contain no oils or silicones and I love it.

Back