Does anyone here wear hairbows?

Glib Gurl

I used to be a hairbow FIEND in high school and college. I was *known* for my different bows. When I got to law school I stopped using them because I didn't think they looked "grown up" enough (and at my law school folks acted like it was a a freakin' fashion show everyday :wallbash: ). In the last few years, I've still refrained from wearing bows, but I'm beginning to think that I need to . . . because with my hair so short in the back (it's just barely shoulder length) I don't really have enough hair to make a decent bun . . . it is small and has loads of flyaways. Usually it ends up looking a hot mess. At least with a bow I can cover a multitude of sins!

I don't know, though. Does anyone have any thoughts? (Mostly I just want validation that it's okay for a grown *** woman to wear a bow in her hair. Personally I still think it can be cute.)

I've worn hair bows and ribbons and head bands for years. When I buy new clothes, I always get one to match. My students will say soemthing if I don't wear one and my children make fun of me too.

I simply don't care. I am a grown woman, paying the cost to be the boss. I like ribbons and bows and DH thinks they're cute. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

First of all: Hey fellow Jurista!! :wave:

Moving on, I'm not sure what kind of bows you mean. I'm sure you're not talking about the plastic ones shaped like animals ;).

But since my nape is so sketchy, I'll throw my hair up and stick some of those flat metal clips on the back to keep it in check. I wear ribbons often and they look very cute when done right. Sometimes I'll wear them like headbands and tie them near my nape or I'll wrap them around my bun.

Not sure this helps but those are my thoughts..lol

Back