Does anyone have the Twig?

AVE One

I was considering this itty bitty flat iron (HAI Twig ceramic) just for my new growth after roller setting when I am stretching. I am looking for something to use after I am post 8 weeks or so. I don’t use heat often (threw out my CHI last year). Does anyone have this flat iron and do you like it? I notice that it has temperature control which is a plus in my book, but I don’t want anything that does any snagging or breaks after a few months. Or please offer any suggestions for a flat iron that is about this size that you like. Thanks, Ave.

4215-A8570_l.jpg

I have it and I like it. I got it for my new growth and it works well for that. I had a 1.5 inch Sedu and was not able to get my roots straight because of where I was applying tension during the flatironing process (i.e. comb chase method and placement of the comb even though I just use my hands). Also, this is one of the few irons that offer the temp control and that is a plus!

Last edited:
I have a HAI and Ive had it for about 4 years and it works wonders! even at 12 weeks it got my roots straight!

I have it and I like it. I got it for my new growth and it works well for that. I had a 1.5 inch Sedu and was not able to get my roots straight because of where I was applying tension during the flatironing process (i.e. comb chase method and placement of the comb even though I just use my hands). Also, this is one of the few irons that offer the temp control and that is a plus!

Yeah, this little baby looks like it can get in there and do the job and get out. What temperature do you usually set it on?

Yeah, this little baby looks like it can get in there and do the job and get out. What temperature do you usually set it on?

I used it on 340 last night to straighten my new growth only in one slow swipe. I never run it down the length of my hair. I use my Sedu for my ends which is set between 280 and 320. However, the 340 on the Twig doesn't really seem hot at all but it gets the job done.

Back