Does anyone feel that sitting under the dryer may zap some moisture from your hair?

*ElleB

Or is it just me?
I frequent dominican salons (well, more like go once a month, or every other month) and always try to make sure to deep condition when I go, however, I think sitting under the hooded dryer is more than my hair can take...the edges of my hair will have a slightly crunchy feel...:ohwell: Does n e one experience this?

Re: Does anyone feel that sitting under the dryer may zap some moisture from your hai

I've never been to a Dominican Salon so do you mean sitting under a dryer at the salon or while DCing before you go?

I have often wondered about sitting under a dryer without a plastic cap...suspected it to be rather drying, that is. I believe it is the reason many people air dry. *shrug*

Re: Does anyone feel that sitting under the dryer may zap some moisture from your hai

It has to be drying. It's hot air blowing on your head. :yep:

I air dry most of the time, but on ocassions such as getting my hair done by my hairstylist or a special event, I will do a rollerset under the dryer but only after having a treatment/deep conditioner.

I perfer to DC under the dryer with a plastic cap. I make sure I get a good amount all over my hair. I do not experience any drying just nice deep mositurizing condition

Yes..raises hand:yep:!
When I use to go to the Dominican salon the hooded dryers use to deplete the moisture from my strands and scalp.

At home I like to airdry my rollersets to achieve shiny moisturize hair!

I've wondered this too (except in a different way). I don't understand when people use Moisturizing DCs under hooded dryers, wouldn't that take away the moisture? Wouldn't using a heating cap be .. smarter? :ohwell:

Yessss, Lawdy. Whenever I sit under the dryer or blow dry my hair, my hair feels hard and stiff and my scalp is white from all the dryness. I have a dry scalp problem anyway, so hair dryers make it worse. That's why I try to air dry the majority of the time.

Yes. When I used to it felt like it did. Also, seems like the Dominican salons have hotter everything, dryers, blow dryers, etc.

Yes. When I used to it felt like it did. Also, seems like the Dominican salons have hotter everything, dryers, blow dryers, etc.

It does seem like that....! As if everything is 100 degrees!

And to clarify for OPs, I was under the dryer with rollers...:ohwell:

YES! I was so mad least week when I was trying to rollerset my hair with my new Gold N Hot. The front of my hair was so crunchy, it dried within 5-15 minutes, on low setting!! Never again. I'll either airdry my rollersets or give up on it all together.

At the salon it does but my stylist would dry me on medium heat. At home my poor lil conair dryer doesn't get that hot so my hair comes out moist and bouncy most of the time

Back